Got the £10 Christmas Bonus this winter? Expect a further £60 in the New Year too!

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One of my friends at our local club said that she heard that our pensions were being increased in January as opposed to the normal April this year ,Does anyone know if this is true
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    One of my friends at our local club said that she heard that our pensions were being increased in January as opposed to the normal April this year ,Does anyone know if this is true

I think it would have been front page news if that was going to happen.
    Looks like April, as usual.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Norma_Scott
    Options
    Hi

I am the same as your wife, I only get 11p per week as I've always paid married womens stamp (were not told at the time the disadvantages) so I will not get 60% of the old age pension until this July when my husband reaches 65. In answer to your question, I got the £10 added to my £5.75per year (11p per week) so I'm hoping I will get the £60 too. Hope your wife does as well.
  • EdInvestor
    EdInvestor Posts: 15,749 Forumite
    Options
    barbara212 wrote: »
    hi, I am on Disability LA and long term incapacity, I get £10 bonus, so I presume I get the £60 bonus, but my husbasnd also gets pension credit , would he get £60 as well or is it a one £60 per couple? many thanks.

If he gets the 10 pound bonus, he will get the 60 pound bonus, if not, not.

No, pension will rise in April as usual, by around 20 quid a month on the basic. The confusion is due to the 60 quid bonus, which was said at the time to be equivalent to having the pension rises introduced 3 months early.
    Trying to keep it simple...;)
  • Minerva69
    Minerva69 Posts: 797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This may be a silly question, but why is this in the over 50's forum? My husband is entitled to the bonus but he's under 50 (and so am I!). I only found out by reading about this in the weekly email. Perhaps this would be better placed in the benefits section so people who are on the qualifying benefits but are aged under 50 would see it?
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it's also in the benefits and the disability boards somewhere.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We receive the DLA and got the £10 bonus at Xmas. I did hear something mentioned on the tv about an extra £60.

What is it for?
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    Options
    The £60 is the equivalent of getting the pension rise 3 months early. I suppose that it was thought that this was the quickest way of getting it paid.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A little strange that, as a person on disability based income support, I am not entitled to this even though DLA and incapacity ARE included. Would have come in very handy with my atrocious financial position at the mo :(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I thought my pal was talking through her hat as I too thought it would have been a 'front page story' Thanks for confirmation
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure