Green Network Energy Reviews: Add your feedback on the energy supplier

MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
edited 5 January 2021 at 3:56PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Green Network Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did your switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Anyone with them yet?
  • jimroy
    jimroy Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I instigated a switch to them yesterday. They're due to take over my supply on the 15th May. I'm expecting my Electricity to change over that day but my Gas much later as I'm an IGT customer. We'll see.
  • bettz
    bettz Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I was going to switch to them but for some reason when I type my postcode in my house number doesn't come up it lists nextdoor though
  • I applied to switch to Green Star Energy yesterday as part of the Big Switch 7. Today they rang me to say I couldn't switch to them as they didn't cover my area. There was no mention of this in the Cheap Energy Club notification. I assumed that this was a national company offering a decent deal for the whole country. Is this a case of those in the South East of England benefitting once again from the best deals? Any chance of arranging a decent deal for those of us in the rest of the country Martin?
  • jimroy
    jimroy Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 28 April 2017 at 10:51AM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4765172&page=8

Hi Sophiedad.

Just to let you know you're posting on the wrong thread.

This is about Green Network Energy not Green Star Energy.

They're two different companies/suppliers.

I've attached the link to the correct thread for you.
  • Thanks jimroy.:)
  • Switched over the phone last month and heard nothing from them. Due to switch over tomorrow so rang them only to find they got both my email address AND addess wrong.

So they have illegally switched over my neighbour and are now billing me for thier Elec and Gas bills as they have my Bank Account Details.

Meanwhile I am now on a more expensive variable tarrif with 1st utility.

Utter utter incompetence Avoid like the Plague!
  • ButtersUK
    ButtersUK Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 September 2017 at 3:10PM
    Switched over the phone last month and heard nothing from them. Due to switch over tomorrow so rang them only to find they got both my email address AND addess wrong.

So they have illegally switched over my neighbour and are now billing me for thier Elec and Gas bills as they have my Bank Account Details.

Meanwhile I am now on a more expensive variable tarrif with 1st utility.

Utter utter incompetence Avoid like the Plague!

Have to say I rang them today, got through straight away and signed up with them (will be leaving British Gas) ... the lady who took the call seemed proficient and gave a good account of herself and the company (obviously early days, of course). But why did you not contact them the following day having not heard anything? The assistant plainly said to me, several times, that they would email a welcome pack within 24 hours.

You said you contacted them "last month" ... how long ago exactly?

Why did you not contact them having NOT received the welcome pack and confirmation of details?

You say "utter incompetence" but surely it was common sense that if you hadn't had the promised confirmation then something was going to go wrong?

Anyway, it's too soon to pass any constructive reviews here, so we shall see, but the prices and customer service are OK at the moment.
  • Just tried to switch online but it wouldn't let me get past the first page. Tried to answer the question "Select your current supplier and tariff" but no option to scroll or put in an answer. Is it better to phone them to switch?. Not a very good first impression!

Anyone else with this problem?
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    GNE look to be the cheapest for me. Was hoping for more recent reviews.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback