Delivery rights discussion

Options

Comments

• babsywabsy
    Options
    The latest:
    We have looked into this for you, and confirm that this sticker will have placed on your parcel by Royal Mail and not ourselves.

Apologies for any confusion caused.
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 November 2012 at 10:13AM
    Options
    Who is cracking up ? Could it be Royal Mail?
    Yesterday (29th) I received a letter from National Power, dated the 7th of November, telling me to make a final meter reading on the 16th of November.

My immediate reaction was "Its National Power trying to keep me paying the increased electricity charges" :mad:

However I also received a letter from the DWP, dated 17th November.

Any one else noticed that Royal Mail is going down the pan again?

Post now for Xmas, it is your last chance ?

John

PS
    In fairness to Royal Mail the NP missive came via TNT Premier / Royal Mail C9 10002 and the DWP via UK Mail-express C9 10001; perhaps when handing to the the pigeon, they got the one flying the wrong way round the globe?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    However I also received a letter from the DWP, dated 17th November.
    And do we even know whether DWP actually posted that letter on 17th?

My wife and I both received that same letter, both with the same date, but they arrived over a week apart.

If fact they state on that letter "We are making these payments over a number of weeks from November so people may get their payment at a different time..."

Who's cracking up?
    Could it be John_Pierpoint? :D
  • John_Pierpoint
    Options
    130 years ago a clerk working in the city could send a postcard with a £0.0021 stamp on it, before 15:00 to tell his wife in Peckham that he would be home at 18:30.
    Fortunately I had already hassled National Power on their 0800 number and sorted out my final meter reading.
    I wondered why I was having a non communication with customer services, who seemed to be trying to blame me for the delay in providing the figures.

Now we understand where the real inefficiency is.
  • grumpy6985
    Options
    hi all dont know if any one can help bought some tyres off ebay.. got delivered to me . but found they where wrong size so i contacted seller so i could return them. got in contacted with my parcel delivery .com who sent me citylink to deliver them back. but after they where picked up they went missing i contacted the delivery company also the third party my parcel delivery .com but both parties wont pay refund saying they cannot find them as barcode nom may be wrong and lost in one of there ware houses at a price of £159.99 for the tyres and them to say that i am fuming:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    grumpy6985 wrote: »
    hi all dont know if any one can help bought some tyres off ebay.. got delivered to me . but found they where wrong size so i contacted seller so i could return them. got in contacted with my parcel delivery .com who sent me citylink to deliver them back. but after they where picked up they went missing i contacted the delivery company also the third party my parcel delivery .com but both parties wont pay refund saying they cannot find them as barcode nom may be wrong and lost in one of there ware houses at a price of £159.99 for the tyres and them to say that i am fuming:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The seller must refund within thirty days of cancellation, regardless of whether they have received the goods back or not.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • Slowhand
    Slowhand Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Flyboy152 wrote: »
    The seller must refund within thirty days of cancellation, regardless of whether they have received the goods back or not.

Why do you say that when you have no idea if grumpy6985 has conformed with the DSR?
  • grumpy6985
    Options
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Why do you say that when you have no idea if grumpy6985 has conformed with the DSR?
    sorryu but wot is DSR i blame the pick up company city link but they say not able to find them
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    DSR= Distance Selling Regulations.

These are rules and laws sellers must follow if they are making sales by distance; that means either by telephone, mail or by internet. If you cancelled your order with seven working days, starting from the day after you received your goods, the seller must refund you everything you spent with them, within thirty days of cancellation. There are a few exceptions and exclusions, but that is the gist.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • Slowhand
    Slowhand Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Flyboy152 wrote: »
    DSR= Distance Selling Regulations.

These are rules and laws sellers must follow if they are making sales by distance; that means either by telephone, mail or by internet. If you cancelled your order with seven working days, starting from the day after you received your goods, the seller must refund you everything you spent with them, within thirty days of cancellation. There are a few exceptions and exclusions, but that is the gist.

In writing....by email is fine.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure