Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2011

Comments

• thehobbit
    thehobbit Posts: 33 Forumite
    luci wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but I think it's a daily hold rather than all 6 days together.

I would suggest calling them to clarify.
    Thanks, dropped them an email and got this reply

At the time of check in, you will be charged a $150 per day credit card deposit to cover incidental charges to the room during your stay.

I read that as getting charged a $900 deposit upon check in
  • pennylane99
    pennylane99 Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    November / December
    thehobbit wrote: »

At the time of check in, you will be charged a $150 per day credit card deposit to cover incidental charges to the room during your stay.

most Vegas hotels do this, ask them if they accept a cash deposit instead, which will be refunded to you on checking out.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    May
    Just back from Alize at the top of the Palms. We had the 5 course tasting menu and it was excellent. We also had a starter compliments of the chef, sorbet and a kiwi fruit soup with lemon mousse which made it 8 courses by my reckoning.

Used a VIP Dine4Less card which gave us 20% off so that paid for the tip.

It was 93F today.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    March
    thehobbit wrote: »

I would also ask whether you can decline having the ability to charge to the room - some hotels will let you do that and waive the deposit...you the couldn't order any room service, make any phone calls (other than where they are included in a resort fee), charge food or show tickets to the room...etc. If they do let you leave a cash deposit as penny suggested it's usually much less than the credit card deposit amount.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • koloko
    koloko Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    June
    Is there a trick to drinking for free? Let's say I've lost my daily gambling allocation, it's 10pm, I fancy a few beers with my girlfriend. We could go to a bar, but I've heard that beers are free if we play the slots or the video blackjack.

Is there +ev way of playing a machine where we wouldn't lose the price of a beer in the 15 minutes it would take me to drink it? e.g. Could I play 10c a hand of video blackjack, one hand a minute, for 15 minutes, therefore $1.50 down (not including any winnings) but up the price of a beer?

And could I sound anymore of a cheapskate? :P
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Penny slots?
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • spalding
    spalding Posts: 925 Forumite
    koloko wrote: »
    Is there a trick to drinking for free? Let's say I've lost my daily gambling allocation, it's 10pm, I fancy a few beers with my girlfriend. We could go to a bar, but I've heard that beers are free if we play the slots or the video blackjack.

Is there +ev way of playing a machine where we wouldn't lose the price of a beer in the 15 minutes it would take me to drink it? e.g. Could I play 10c a hand of video blackjack, one hand a minute, for 15 minutes, therefore $1.50 down (not including any winnings) but up the price of a beer?

And could I sound anymore of a cheapskate? :P
    Sure you could but don't forget tip! Else they won't be coming back to you!!!
  • koloko
    edited 22 June 2011 at 10:20AM
    June
    deleted deleted deleted
  • koloko
    edited 22 June 2011 at 10:20AM
    June
    deleted deleted deleted
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    $1 a drink is normal......$2 will ensure she comes back soon. Some penny slot machines (1c) have multiple lines going across, down, diagonally etc, and you can play upto say 25 lines at a time......or just the one line to eek out your funds.
    illegitimi non carborundum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport