Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gocat.
    Someone posted a link to a complete thread on gift cards on the dark side.
    Sorry don't know how to do it myself.
    Have a look.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    cheeky of tescos!! I struggle to even get points now I never go in there! Just come out of the dentist OMG she numbed my whole mouth (and nose!) to clean my teeth................. I'm supposed to be going out for something to eat and bingo later with my sister - at the mo there is no chance of that I can't stop dribbling!!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Aah

congratulations ds:T he can move in with mhoc she has empty nest syndrome :rotfl:

I just wish I did have empty nest syndrome :D
    And more than anything I do wish that we had not moaned and groaned so much when we did have the house empty - it seems like another world now.
    At the moment OH is late back from work and Errant son went off at 12.30 so I've been having a lovely afternoon scrutinising the family finances

We have had Errant son home now for nearly 10 months now :eek:

(we get paid every 28 days and at the mo payday Friday is falling mid month so I just have to shuffle wages into the various savings accounts for another 2 weeks - for a couple of weeks it feels like you are well comfortable and you have to resist the urge to look at cruise timetables :) LOL )
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Thank you for reply silvercar:)

Now wondering if I get the amazon gift cards from morrisons that will look better on the amex statement? Also does morrison have any extra points thing when getting gift cards. Or any of the other supermarkets please.
    tia :)

I am probably going to have to do this as well if I am going to get anywhere near the target spend for my Amex rewards card.

Also a John Lewis gift card would be useful for the waitrose spends.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Does anyone have any inside infoas to when m&s have final clearance instore? Tia
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    Sue, hope the antibiotics to their work quickly for you. I use inhalers and find using what they call a spacer enables you to breath more of the contents in. I get mine from the surgery. Hope to see you back here soon fit and as well as can be expected xx

Thanks altojack, just got up to make a hot drink (first time today) and having a quick catch up.
    Must say antibiotics seem to be working, and they gave me a spacer with an inhaler at the walk-in-centre and a prescription for the antibiotics. Had me use the spacer while I was there, 5 puffs under supervision which seemed a lot, and check chest before and after.
    Told me to use it up to 5 puffs at home as needed.

They were fantastic at walk-in. But realising how difficult it is when you have no one to look after you when really ill; and poor Mum isn't able to do anything to help :(
    Sorry just feeling a bit isolated and weepy _pale_:sad:_pale_
  • mhoc
    edited 15 January 2018 at 4:20PM
    Options
    Warrington......5 Yrs graduate management scheme

I don't know what the rental market is like around Warrington - possibly he might be better doing a house share for the first few months while he finds his feet.
    Manchester to Warrington Bank Quay on the train is between 30 and 40 mins - if he is keen on nightlife and going out and having fun then Manchester is the best option - very young city, much gentification going on over the last few years so plenty of flats.
    Don't even suggest to him that we have a spare bed on the high sleeper in Errant sons room :rotfl: - he has been cleaning and tidying all morning and you can now see the floor but I think someone would have to be totally desperate to share a room with Errant son :rotfl:
    We are about 20 mins from Warrington Bank Quay on the train - the night life around here for youngsters is dreadful though - no big cinemas, limited selection of pubs and only 3 chain restaurants, scrabby bowling alley surprising as we have a lot of students, rent is very high considering how rough it is ...
  • mhoc
    edited 15 January 2018 at 4:42PM
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Does anyone have any inside infoas to when m&s have final clearance instore? Tia

No, I'd like to know that as well.

But I think its worth a good look at the sale rails that are left. In our small store yesterday there was about 8 rails - a lot of things and sizes that were out of stock online you might still find instore if you have the patience and energy to sift through.

I found a thin ribbed polo neck for £4.29 - I was looking for jazzy coloured thin jumpers to go under winter dresses so this orange one was perfect
  • mhoc
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Afternoon all :wave:

Im just £200 off my £2000 spend (had lots of insurances, car stuff, to pay this month) with amex for the Spend £2000 get 20000 points. Would it be ok to buy £200 of amazon gift cards . Will it go towards my £2000 spend. Only got 2 days to do this :eek:

Very last minute but spending £200 in 2 days is do- able.
    - I think I have a date in April - have to go and check this now incase I've invented it.
    Apart from yet another garage bill I've hardly started using my card ...
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I don't know what the rental market is like around Warrington - possibly he might be better doing a house share for the first few months while he finds his feet.
    Manchester to Warrington Bank Quay on the train is between 30 and 40 mins - if he is keen on nightlife and going out and having fun then Manchester is the best option - very young city, much gentification going on over the last few years so plenty of flats.
    Don't even suggest to him that we have a spare bed on the high sleeper in Errant sons room :rotfl: - he has been cleaning and tidying all morning and you can now see the floor but I think someone would have to be totally desperate to share a room with Errant son :rotfl:
    We are about 20 mins from Warrington Bank Quay on the train - the night life around here for youngsters is dreadful though - no big cinemas, limited selection of pubs and only 3 chain restaurants, scrabby bowling alley surprising as we have a lot of students, rent is very high considering how rough it is ...

mhoc thanks for this...Any information is useful....He is looking at house shares...Seems to be quite a bit available......Probably come up this week to view....He needs something soon as he is due to start work on Monday....:rotfl:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure