3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Comments

• JCUK
    JCUK Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for the welcome Dobbi - looking forward to joining in ��

JC
  • Not technically part of the change, but is sort of is.
    Exactly a year ago I decided to separate from my husband and take control of my financial situation.
    I opened my first regular saver with FD and have religiously topped it monthly with £300. It came to maturity today, £3713 and some pennies.
    It's the first time I have saved and been disciplined with it. It's all from overtime and extra shifts.
    They are going to be part of my first home's deposit. They're hard worked money and I hope they bring me luck.
    I'm having a coffee in the garden and enjoying the feeling.
    Have a nice Sunday everyone.
    car finance £1072/£8285 by sept 2018
    #188 £1000 EF £8.45/£1000
    3-6 months salary £80/£5000
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Evening All....Hope you are ALL well on this Sunday Evening :)

Well this Week has gone pretty well....so I'm pleased....and I WILL be able to add another Fiver to my Emergency Fund.... :D

I just wanted to say that no matter how fast or slow you save your Emergency Fund, the main thing is that you ARE building it up....and it will be there when/if you need it.....It will give you that feeling of stability and security and knowing that it doesn't matter how bad things get that you will NOT be left homeless or without being able to pay Bills because you will have that 3-6 month buffer to be able to pay everything and that gives you time to breathe and get back up on your feet....

So don't worry how long it takes...Just keep on moving forwards!! :)

JCUK - Welcome, Welcome, Welcome....It's lovely to have you here.....I have added your Username and Target to the list on the First Page.....You said you have £525 in an ISA but I wasn't sure if you are using that as part of your Emergency Fund....if so, let me know and I'll add that as where you are currently.... xXx :)

Dobbibill - Thank You for welcoming our newest Member in my absence...I really appreciate that and really appreciate YOU... xXx :)

WatWing - I have Updated the First Page....You're doing BRILLIANTLY hun!! Congratulations on buying a House and I hope the exchange goes well on Tuesday...I'm sure it will.... xXx :)

Grandad's Offspring - It sounds like there have been lots of changes in the last Year or so....But it sounds like you have handled it with dignity and positivity....Long may it continue xXx :)
  • JCUK
    JCUK Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for the welcome Helen. I'm so glad to have found you all!

Yes, £525 is the beginnings of my fund. Can't wait to see it grow! :-)
  • stoplurking
    stoplurking Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi all hope everyone is well. Lots of great saving going on, lots of newbies too so, welcome and thanks to Helen for the updates.
    I'm now at 18.75% so 750/4000
    Keep going everyone, this is a great challenge, I would never be doing so well without you all!
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • DreamerHelen
    Morning Everyone.... :)

Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of Days......Been a tough few Days....But I'll get there....I'm determined that today WILL be a good Day... :D

I'm pleased to Report that I'll be adding another Fiver to my Emergency Fund Terramundi later today....So I shall Update my Total once I've done that....

JCUK - I've Updated your Total....You're doing AWESOME!! It will grow, don't worry.... xXx :)

stoplurking - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! You're welcome for the Updates....It's a pleasure hun.... xXx :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of Days......Been a tough few Days....But I'll get there....I'm determined that today WILL be a good Day... :D

Aw Helen, I hope things get better for you......you certainly have the determination not to let anything keep you down for long ;)
    I'm pleased to Report that I'll be adding another Fiver to my Emergency Fund Terramundi later today....So I shall Update my Total once I've done that....

Well done Helen, you too are doing fantastic and everything is going in the right direction.

Keep going girl.....you CAN do it :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • The_Only_Girl
    The_Only_Girl Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 27 May 2016 at 7:31AM
    Hi sorry for my long silence. A combination of being too busy and being so-so. Lots of high highs and also pretty low lows. I have tried to monitor all the incomes and outgoes. I was good most of the times but I have also been quite lax the other times. After having been in bondage with debt for so many years, enjoying debt freedom is quite an interesting prospect. On the whole, it had been good, judging by addition to the EF at least these past two months. The current total stands at £5543.27 or £4343.27 if we were not to include the £1200 that I put into an investmentacct that I've just opened up. Nearly halfway through our target, for which I am eternally grateful.
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015
  • DreamerHelen
    Morning Everyone.... :)

Well, having had some Sleep and some thoughts and reflection I finally feel better today.....How long it will last for I'm not sure....But I'm just pleased that I feel good today given that it is my really really really busy day today and I won't be home until about 8.30pm tonight and I'm leaving at about 7.15am...so a VERY long Day....but hopefully a good one... :D

I put another Fiver in my Terramundi yesterday...so that feels GREAT.....Very slowly for me but I WILL get there...We all will :T :T :T

Let's go searching for those Rainbows today...and remember that without Rain you don't get the joy of the Rainbows.... xXx :)

Dobbibill - Thank you so much for your encouragement....You really are the cheerleader of the Group and I really appreciate having you here....I hope you're well too xXx :)

The Only Girl - I've Updated the First Page with the £5543 figure...if you want me to use the other figure then do let me know, but I am happy for either figure to be used, it's up to you hun. You are doing BRILLIANT either way!! I'm so sorry to hear that things have been somewhat difficult for you....Hopefully it's onwards and upwards....and if there are days where you struggle just remember that "this too will pass"... xXx :)
  • The_Only_Girl
    The_Only_Girl Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Thanks Helen for your encouraging words. We will keep journeying on. Yes please, put the bigger figure as my total. At the end of the day it is still a savings for the rainy day.
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure