Fischer Storage Heaters

Options

Comments

• Smiley_Dan
    Smiley_Dan Posts: 948 Forumite
    Options
    Truthful1 wrote: »
    If a product is good, needed and the customer can afford it, then there should be no problem...don't you agree? I cannot imagine an ethical manufacturer of a basic appliance using these sales techniques in this day and age.
    I can when website owners censor transparent discussion under spurious threats.

It's what the Internet is supposed to be for!

We could always start up fischerheatersarecrap.com and SEO that to the top of the rankings :D
  • Truthful1
    Truthful1 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Smiley_Dan wrote: »
    I can when website owners censor transparent discussion under spurious threats.

It's what the Internet is supposed to be for!

We could always start up fischerheatersarecrap.com and SEO that to the top of the rankings :D

We don't know if the product is crap....only the 'engineer'.
  • Smiley_Dan
    Smiley_Dan Posts: 948 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, fischerheatersmakedubiousclaimsaboutthetechnicaladvantagesoftheirheatersandtheirsalesengineersaredecidelyiffy.com .
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Their heaters do everything they claim for them-as long as you believe in the magic kryptonite clay that they're allegedly filled with.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Truthful1
    edited 1 October 2014 at 4:15PM
    Options
    Smiley_Dan wrote: »
    Ok, fischerheatersmakedubiousclaimsaboutthetechnicaladvantagesoftheirheatersandtheirsalesengineersaredecidelyiffy.com .

Much better.....now what do you do with it?
    What I don't get is why be so convaluted. Just make a heater that works and sell it to people the normal way. How hard can that be. Duh! It's not as if no one needs heat.Why have a scam product and scam salesmen. (I can only verify the 'engineer' but not the product, but the product is not looking so, pardon the pun, hot,now.
  • Truthful1
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Their heaters do everything they claim for them-as long as you believe in the magic kryptonite clay that they're allegedly filled with.

Bazinga!:T:T:mad:
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Truthful1 wrote: »
    We don't know if the product is crap.
    No, in fact they are probably pretty good. What is crap, are Fischer's claims about efficiency and money savings, and the fact they call them 'storage' heaters.

Fischer heaters are not 'storage' heaters. They do not charge up using cheap rate electric and release it during the day.

What they are, is a fancy looking electric radiator that uses single rate electricity, and does no more (in terms of heating) than a £25 oil filled radiator from one of the budget supermarkets.

Their website is a joke! Still banging on about 'storage' and 'E7'.
    The technical section consists of a couple of pictures of a heater and some blue and red arrows. Wow, don't blow my mind with the detail Fischer!
  • lstar337
    Options
    Lol, they now compare with a dimplex storage heater in kW per hour making the Fischer heater look superior, but completely fail to mention that the Dimplex heater uses E7 at approx a third of the cost!

http://www.fischerfutureheat.com/running-costs.html

If it didn't dupe many vulnerable people it would be laughable!
  • Truthful1
    Options
    lstar337 wrote: »
    No, in fact they are probably pretty good. What is crap, are Fischer's claims about efficiency and money savings, and the fact they call them 'storage' heaters.

Fischer heaters are not 'storage' heaters. They do not charge up using cheap rate electric and release it during the day.

What they are, is a fancy looking electric radiator that uses single rate electricity, and does no more (in terms of heating) than a £25 oil filled radiator from one of the budget supermarkets.

Their website is a joke! Still banging on about 'storage' and 'E7'.
    The technical section consists of a couple of pictures of a heater and some blue and red arrows. Wow, don't blow my mind with the detail Fischer!

Thank you for explaining that. I am sure some people will still want them Can you recommend a particular heater for me to buy that will heat a normal size bedroom, please.
  • lstar337
    Options
    http://www.fischerfutureheat.com/gas-and-oil.html
    Gas fires are the most inefficient way of heating. To get 1kW of heat from a typical fire you need to burn 2.5 to 3kW of gas. With a typical gas price of 3p this equates to 9p per kWH with huge waste through chimneys or flue.
    So still less than Fischer heaters on standard rate electric, if the above were true, which it isn't.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback