PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone!

Not necessarily OS, but the following have all been pleasures today! ;)

1) I sent a "Three Word Wednesday" to Simon Mayo on Radio 2 and he read it out, saying my name twice. I still feel giddy! :D

2) Claire Lomas has been in contact with me/me with her to begin to arrange a time when she can pop into my school to meet the children.

3) Been to the pub with a friend for a gossip. 2 pizzas and a bottle of wine to share for £20 in total :beer:

4) Another "good" charity bag has popped through the door. Trying to see whether there are any items I can donate.

5) yet another load of washing done. Neither OS, nor a pleasure...

Sleep well folks! x
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    vjsmum and everyone else suffering stoopid colds get well soon (including me)
    kittikins congrats on the exams
    vickya what's 3 word wednesday?
    1) annual leave so more catching up on iplayer and soak in the bath
    2) sorted out earrings and threw out any a) i dont like or b) i only have one or c) broken
    3) had ds's rejected devilled sausage tea from yesterday for lunch
    4) lovely friend treated me to dinner at the hilton
    5) i paid for the taxi to bible study then he very kindly got his partner to come give me a lift home after i missed the bus cos we were deep in convo about my failed marriage.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you ampersand, it worked! Have a productive day at the sale.
    Frith, better and better :D. Loving reading the progress
    VJsmum well done your DD. Some people are just so up themselves! Get well now :)
    Kittikins well done you on passing both exams :T
    Vicky that's going to be an amazing experience, the children (and adults) are going to be awe-struck, as I would be
    DD get well now

No pleasures as I strayed from my routine and found myself in an unfortunate encounter. In future I will stay where I belong with people who know me.

Sleep well. S
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you are OK, Sparrer. Sounds worrying.
  • Chickenopolis
    Options
    Good morning all !

Sparrer -are you ok ?? Let me at 'em !

Kittikins- :beer: well done you !
    VJsmum - well done to your DD ! Chip of the old block eh ! Like a "handbag" has a first class ticket or a priority over a person who wishes to sit down . People can be so selfish - good on her though, I love her already and I would have started clapping if I was there :D
    Get well now Gangnam !

Get well all poorlies - where is BOP ??
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It is 42o, it is unbearably hot, the house is hot the sofas are hot, when I tried to have a lie down the mattress was hot. The glasses to pour water in were hot! Everything is hot! My hair is frizzy, I am sweaty and crabbit

1. Was given a very kind and thoughtful gift and card by Miss Stressy!!
    I take back all the unkind thoughts I had yesterday :)
    A beautiful gift bag, a lovely card and chocolates in lovely tins( I shared the chocs...kept the tins!) I think it was just a clash of 2 stressy, perfectionists!!

2. Work was so quiet.
    I am working longer hours next week but will get an extra day off, we are terribly quiet now that semester has finished.

3. I did not leave the air conditioned building until I had to walk back to car.

4. My washing will be dry in no time even though I put it put at 6 pm!

5. Tea was some leftover food from work that would have been chucked. All I had to do was cook some rice and peas and that was it!

6. Frozen yoghurt ice lolly for pud.

Enjoy your day.....wrap up warm if you have to!!
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    edited 29 November 2012 at 12:16PM
    Options
    Morning

VJsmum, Kittikins and Dundeedoll get well NOW and anyone else not feeling poorly
    VJsmum - Well done to your DD for standing her ground
    Vicky - Sounds like the children are in for an amazing and inspirational visit.
    Sparrer - Hope you are OK

Pleasures for yesterday,
    1. Poached eggs for breakfast, I can never be bothered to cook them at home so always enjoy this when staying in a hotel,
    2. Productive day at work which is just as well as another part of the project is not going so well so may need to swap things around to allow other people to sort themselves out. I have one department who have had 3 years notice to sort out their data but have left it to the last minute and are now complaining that we haven't given them enough notice:mad:
    3. Getting to catch up with lots of people I haven't seen for ages in our Wakefield office, they don't let me out very often these days:p. As was there have been asked if I will do some audits for them next year again, quite happy to as it keeps me upto date with the latest standards as never know what will happen going forward.
    4. Good train journey home and my bag didn't have a seat of its own in 1st class.
    5. As late getting back had takeaway for dinner which will go on expenses so another NSD.
    6. Nice to be back in my own bed with my little family around me. I was only away 1 night but they said they missed me (meaning no one to cook dinner for them or do the packed lunches)

Hugs to all who need them
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hugs Sparrer, hope you're okay sweetie x
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    (((((((HUGS))))) Sparrer
    my 5
    1. delicious lunch of oxtail and sausage casserole
    2. its bright and frosty and utterly gorgeous
    3. horses grazing in the paddock, in the sunshine
    4. going for a walk in a bit
    5. have booked myself some riding lessons as a xmas treat.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    1) skating on the school run
    2) watching the birds eat from my homemade bird cake
    3) putting homemade flapjack in DD's packed lunch
    4) giving other DD an apple for snack
    5) looking up homemade mulled wine/cider/apple juice recipes

extra one, thinking about a homemade christmas.

- and ignoring the ironing pile ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport