Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• margf
    margf Posts: 183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a couple of online Virgin savers and have the opportunity to visit a store this week. Will I need to bring ID and proof of address as if I was a new customer or will having online accounts serve this purpose please?

You will need to bring ID and proof of address as if you were a new customer, I did
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a couple of online Virgin savers and have the opportunity to visit a store this week. Will I need to bring ID and proof of address as if I was a new customer or will having online accounts serve this purpose please?

As margf says, take your documents because they may want to see them. Virgin has separate computer systems for online and store customers, although there appears to be some visibility of online accounts on the store's staff computers. However, there is no certainty they will be able to see your online accounts to verify your identity.

Also be prepared to argue with them that it is possible to have both the online and in-store versions. I've not had a problem myself, but some people have reported issues, a phone call to head office will probably resolve any doubt :)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • keyboardworrier
    Options
    Ford have announced a new regular saver open to all paying 4% on a max of £250 PM. Open from 22nd May
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Ford have announced a new regular saver open to all paying 4% on a max of £250 PM. Open from 22nd May

Challenger bank, Ford Money, has added a new regular saver and regular Isa saver to its line up, both paying four per cent.
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-4510644/Ford-Money-launches-best-buy-4-cent-regular-saver.html
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Challenger bank, Ford Money, has added a new regular saver and regular Isa saver to its line up, both paying four per cent.
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-4510644/Ford-Money-launches-best-buy-4-cent-regular-saver.html

I'm surmising you'll need to set up a direct debit to pay the money in?

Bingo! I've just done the double. ;)
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,049 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I very much doubt it. You would probably want to set up a standing order from one of your existing accounts for ease but since there doesn't seem to be a requirement for a linked Ford account it'll be up to you
  • Hal17
    Hal17 Posts: 250 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 May 2017 at 4:12PM
    Options

Have you opened an account? Just looked on their web site and there is nothing mentioned regarding these two new accounts?

Ok - just seen it launches 22nd May.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

No idea what your second line is all about (some sort of joke going way over my head perhaps) but if your first line was intended in a non-facetious way then no, deposits and withdrawals to/from their existing savings accounts are by faster payments rather than direct debits so it would be unlikely they'd introduce DDs for these ones.
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So they wont accept a SO each month ? ie you have to do a FP each month ? Yes ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    No idea what your second line is all about (some sort of joke going way over my head perhaps) but if your first line was intended in a non-facetious way then no, deposits and withdrawals to/from their existing savings accounts are by faster payments rather than direct debits so it would be unlikely they'd introduce DDs for these ones.

Okay. The only experience I have of a regular saver with a company that I don't have an account with is the Post Office and they do accept Direct Debits. I bow to your superior knowledge regarding Ford.

May 22nd it is then, 4%. Better than these Virgin savers you all keep banging on about.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure