PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

old-style decorating?

Options
124»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It's a good point about the fittings, etc. In one room I've got a boring beige bedcover and a beige lampshade, and a biscuity-colour carpet. What with that and the magnolia colour walls no wonder the room looks drab! It would be good to replace them with something more colourful once I decide what colour scheme to go with.

How about a bright red or lemon to brighten up the biscuit shades
  • prosaver
    prosaver Posts: 7,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a lovely picture. Where did you find it please?
    yes it is :)
    Lewis.
    http://www.johnlewis.com/richard-macneil-paris-flower-shop-print-on-canvas-70-x-100cm/p231894187
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • prosaver
    prosaver Posts: 7,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 December 2016 at 8:51PM
    Options
    btw i like magnolia all my downstairs rooms are decorated. I find it cosy and warm feel with low light lamps.. this one looks a bit like this .. without the kitchen..
    308+E+Magnolia+-+living+room+-+Wildwood+Condo+for+Rent+-+wildwoodrents+-+buywildwood+-+wildwood+summer+vacation+rentals.jpg
    plus ive got a light coloured
    carpet..
    snug and keep the room warm

heres an idea..
    1.0x0.jpg
    without the copyright logo in the midddle :p
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • madnotstupid
    Options
    Our flat is pretty full-on colours - each room is different and really bright. The most calm is the bedroom which is beige / cream on three walls then pillar box red on the fourth. the furniture is red high gloss and dark wood. It's quite striking with just one wall of a feature colour, and we have red bed linen and accessories. It would be a cheaper way of brightening up your place if you only paint one wall.
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    If you want to do it cheap, go for white - much less waste, and easy to colour match when you re-do it. If you go for different colours in different rooms, you're paying over the odds three times - once because the coloured paint is more expensive than the white, and again because you will always have some paint left over, and finally when you want to repaint and the leftover paint has dried in the tin and they don't make that colour any more.

White makes a place look bright and clean and you can do your own thing in each room with curtains/cushions etc etc.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • Homeagain
    Options
    Wallpaper is far too much work unless you REALLY know what you are doing ... I wallpapered my bedroom - what a mess that I am now stuck with. Never again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure