EASYJET discrimination

123457»

Comments

• I agree it isn't discrimination in the legal sense but some posters have been extremely harsh here. It isn't really anyone's business why the OP wanted those seats and whether the reasons were justified - s/he called Easyjet to ask if they were available and if they could be booked and was told yes so went ahead and then found they weren't.

I'm pleased you've been able to get a refund and hope you manage to book something else suitable.
    MSE aim: more thanks than posts :j
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I agree it isn't discrimination in the legal sense but some posters have been extremely harsh here. It isn't really anyone's business why the OP wanted those seats and whether the reasons were justified - s/he called Easyjet to ask if they were available and if they could be booked and was told yes so went ahead and then found they weren't.

I'm pleased you've been able to get a refund and hope you manage to book something else suitable.

The OP titled the thread EASYJET discrimination which, as you agree, it isn't!

Most of her posts were about why she felt she was being discriminated against and a number of posters, quite rightly, took her to task about that.

Harsh? Maybe, maybe not. I'd settle for "Harsh but fair"!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Anyone can call and discuss the wider point.

The more people that provide feedback , the Exec might reverse their policy decision.
    I doubt these ^^^^ things very much.
    Especially the first statement.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The OP titled the thread EASYJET discrimination which, as you agree, it isn't!

Most of her posts were about why she felt she was being discriminated against and a number of posters, quite rightly, took her to task about that.

Harsh? Maybe, maybe not. I'd settle for "Harsh but fair"!

I agree. With most threads, it's impossible to offer the very advice that an OP is asking for without some context. When this OP gave context of why they wanted the seats then it became obvious that it wasn't discrimination. Too often posters start threads and when the majority disagree (especially when some previously hidden facts come to light) they become offensive or disappear. :(
  • bellabella
    bellabella Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    As someone who was adopted I actually find your remarks quite offensive being adopted is not an excuse . it seems to me (i may be wrong) that you are using your child as a reason to get your own way. If as you state your child must be with you at all times and not their other parent I struggle to see how they sleep in their own room at night how you go to work/shops without them and how they go to school /parties or friends for play dates and as for a child stating they want nothing to do with easy jet it seems to me you have been stoking the fire to bring this situation to their attention
    Slava Ukraini
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport