PIP sorted

Awarded PIP today standard care enhanced mobility till 2022, whole process took 8 weeks .

On DLA originally 20 years ago I was on mid care high; mobility, but for the last 17 years mid care; low mobility.

Have to say that the assessors report was fair and mostly accurate and was obviously accepted by the DWP DM.

Comments

• kingfisherblue
    kingfisherblue Posts: 9,203 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Glad that you have what sounds to be a fair award, and in quite a quick time too. Thanks for the update.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good news.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Great news, glad you got the correct award for you! Always nice to hear positive stories!
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That is great news and will be a relief to some people to see that the assessment process can be fair. Thanks for updating us with your news.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • ^^^^^^^

Agreed. It is not what a lot of people want to read, or at minimum to accept, however it is obviously a fact amongst all the negativity that is usually the norm.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Congrats - I just hope that I am treated fairly when my time comes ...... next century probably ?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great result :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hi I rang the dla on Thursday and was told I was awarded pip, how long does it take to get your back pay please?
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Kelly_s wrote: »
    Hi I rang the dla on Thursday and was told I was awarded pip, how long does it take to get your back pay please?

How long since you did the paperwork ?
  • I started my claim in April I phoned on Thursday and was told I had been awarded but couldn’t tell me anything else untill Tuesday due to bank holiday x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure