NOW broadband and bad providers

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    teamwork wrote: »
    I'm puzzled because on Trustpilot, NOWTV and Plusnet have terrible reviews based upon bad customer service, bad broadband connections and non-payment of cashback. TalkTalk has 3 stars and is OK. So how come the forums on MSE are nicer to these companies?

I'm afraid I wouldn't put an ounce of trust in Trustpilot reviews, way too many dodgy looking ones.
  • Joined NOWbb in dec 2018 for a 12mth contract with all calls inclusive. Less than 5months later they are changing the contact to their benefit and adding in calls charges at 23p connection and at least 16p per min. YET a new customer can get the original 12mth contract I signed to in dec.
    They are going to graciously wave the early exit charge. As far as I see these early exit fees are null and void as they have changed the contract and therefore the early exit fees are part of a contract that does not exist anymore. The operator I spoke to didn't see the despicable nature of a business practice that was reneging on a contract less than 40% into that contract, whilst at the same time as the defaulting on the contract the company is offering the exact same contact to new customers for a 12mth duration?!?!?

NOWbb seems to operate in a manner that feels like sharp practices.
    They also do not do Direct Debit payment but insist on Continuous Card payment. Thus giving THEM control and could leave customers open to any future sharp practices this shoddy company might wish to conjure up.

Companies who default on their contracts should be liable to customers receiving damages not simple being offered the exemption of exit fees that in law ceased to exist when the default was enacted by the company.
    main stream media is a propaganda machine for the establishment.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    so if you have a calls package I don't think it impacts you much.
    The price of your line rental, your broadband package and your calls package will stay the same.

only this
    All 0870 and 0845 calls are no longer inclusive within our talk packs. Calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers are subject to NOW TV’s Access Charge (15p per minute) and the owning operator’s Service Charge applies.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Usage of premium rate numbers starting 084, 087 or 09 for after-sales enquiries and issues for retailers, traders and passenger transport companies has been illegal since 13 June 2014. Usage by banks, card companies and insurers for contact by existing customers has been illegal since 26 October 2015. Usage by government departments, their agencies and contractors has not been permitted since 26 December 2013. As such there should be almost no need to ever call these numbers.

Beware when searching online that there are thousands of websites promoting fake premium rate numbers purported to be the numbers for contacting a very large number of busineses and organisations. Do not call these numbers. Search official websites for the correct numbers.
  • I am considering transferring from BT to NOW Broadband. What would I need to do to keep using my BT router?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    thedon299 wrote: »
    I am considering transferring from BT to NOW Broadband. What would I need to do to keep using my BT router?
    Why would you want to?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    thedon299 wrote: »
    I am considering transferring from BT to NOW Broadband. What would I need to do to keep using my BT router?

Depends upon what model HH 3 4 5 6 7.
    Some are locked to BT .
    HH 6 and 7 have excellent WiFi .
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Can you keep your phone number with now ?
    Been with TT donkeys years, since aol, contract up in July, looking to change, although, never really had any problems with them!
    Price certainly cheaper, might try using it as a haggler when I contact TT .
    Never changed providers before.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Many TT customer have reported loosing their number when moving to now. (see posts on here)
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    AndyPK wrote: »
    Many TT customer have reported loosing their number when moving to now. (see posts on here)

Thanks Andy.
    Did you post a link, as I cannot see one ?
    Who actually owns the phone number ?
    I had it before going to TT.
    I had it from BT, then (Aol, carphone warehouse ,TT)
    My e mail is still Aol.
    Changing phone number will cause a few headaches , especially those who change Isp’s Regularly , and me if I choose to move !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure