Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 3:19 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 3:19 PM
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 3:19 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eon

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly??
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 11-09-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Page 68
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Aug 19, 7:01 PM
    • 4,807 Posts
    • 8,183 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Thanks Malc for your helpful post.

Armed with this information I tried again without success - all they will offer to fit is a smart meter!

I called the number on the letter: 0800 096 1554 (E.ON Kingswinford, W Midlands) and this time spoke with a lady called Jacky.

After a brief discussion on the merits of smart meters, she went on to explain that ".. it would not be worth their while changing the meter now as it would have to be changed again in a year or two (when smart meters become mandatory)".

She flatly refused the fitting of a classic meter and once again advised me therefore to ignore the letters and that "I should be OK keeping my existing meter".
    At least they're consistent with their 'advice'.

Scrounger
    Originally posted by Scrounger
    So either Eon are happy to leave you with potentially an inaccurate or even dangerous meter, Scrounger, or this is just another bullying tactic to force those who don't want smart meters to have them.

This "Jacky's" advice is on a par with that I received from Matthew Julius, who was adamant "the government" will make smart meters mandatory next year. Who knows even which party will be in power then? Matthew Julius and Jacky, apparently. I wonder if they will give me the winning lottery numbers for this week end...
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Scrounger
    • By Scrounger 16th Aug 19, 9:46 PM
    • 766 Posts
    • 371 Thanks
    Scrounger
    So either Eon are happy to leave you with potentially an inaccurate or even dangerous meter, Scrounger, or this is just another bullying tactic to force those who don't want smart meters to have them.
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    That was my thought after I put the phone down - either the meter needs changing or it doesn't!

Is my meter safe? I don't know: I suppose if my house burns down I there a record (Jacky said she was adding some notes to my account).

I honestly don't know what more I can do?

Scrounger
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Aug 19, 11:33 PM
    • 4,807 Posts
    • 8,183 Thanks
    Smodlet
    That was my thought after I put the phone down - either the meter needs changing or it doesn't!

Is my meter safe? I don't know: I suppose if my house burns down I there a record (Jacky said she was adding some notes to my account).

I honestly don't know what more I can do?

Scrounger
    Originally posted by Scrounger
    Raise a complaint and escalate it until you get someone who has a clue how to do their job? Not an easy task within Eon, it seems. Boy, do we need Malc and Helena!

The more I read, the more I have to wonder if the repeated reassurances that smart meters are not compulsory are actually true; if so, someone needs to tell Eon's customer service staff! This just is not good enough.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,784Posts Today

7,522Users online

Martin's Twitter