The Edcawber Principle

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,913 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Good to catch up on here with folk who were a big part of my journey not that long ago.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Good to catch up on here with folk who were a big part of my journey not that long ago.
    We still are, you can't get rid of us that easily :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £400/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £14950.12/£22787.04
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Being paid 4 weekly is a royal pain in the posterior and I got to "spend" none of my "13th wage" (largely because I'd already !!!!ed the money away elsewhere.

Mrs SJ is a fellow 4 weekly wages person, and I concur that its a pain for budgeting. The 13th wage that i always hope will be a nice bonus to our accounts also seems to vanish into the ether, never to be enjoyed!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,461 Forumite
    Mrs SJ is a fellow 4 weekly wages person, and I concur that its a pain for budgeting. The 13th wage that i always hope will be a nice bonus to our accounts also seems to vanish into the ether, never to be enjoyed!

I hear you SJ!

I have been tinkering - saved £50-100 off car insurance renewal, £265 off next year's V1rgin contract and a quick review of mobile phones suggests that £200 saving should be doable for the next year.

Feels a bit like pennies from under a steamroller.... :o
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    No, it's not :naughty:
    That's great :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,355 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Feels a bit like pennies from under a steamroller.... :o

All the little bits add up - but love the phrase! :rotfl:
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • edinburgher
    Woohoo! Gas & electricity provider are knocking £49/month off our DD and are refunding £180 :money:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good result ��
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • edinburgher
    £76.39 paid off CC, one week 'til payday!
  • edinburgher
    Am giving YNAB a try from the 1st of August - does anybody have any words of wisdom? :think:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback