Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YaoSong
    • By YaoSong 15th Jan 16, 10:26 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 26Thanks
    YaoSong
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread
    • 15th Jan 16, 10:26 AM
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread 15th Jan 16 at 10:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

With the number of Vodafone topics and posts within specific threads (Vodafone complaints) we are providing the standard process for submitting feedback, questions, and complaints to the Vodafone WRT (Web Forum Team). After that there are some additional routes you can take to escalate and progress your case. We do not guarantee you will get your required outcome but from experience the below advice has been very productive for many users and Vodafone customers on this forum.

- To submit a question or complaint please use the 'Contact Us' form - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm

- To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

- As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. You can post it on the forum and someone such as Lee (Vodafone) will check it has been received. It can take at least 2 - 5 days for a response from Vodafone.

Escalation

Alternative options to this are using the experience and knowledge of those on the forum, but more often than not the above WRT process will be the most appropriate and constructive approach. However, there are some methods which can be employed for escalation if you have tried the above and feel your engagement is reaching a deadlock scenario:

1. Contacting Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    Register your complaint with Ofcom so as a regulator they can record complaints against Vodafone (and others). This will also provide you with a reference to let Vodafone know you have informed them.

2. Contacting the Ombudsman - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/what-are-you-complaining-about-os.html
    This is an arbitration service for handling disputes and they will investigate your complaint with the objective of reaching an amicable resolution between you and Vodafone.

As a rule of thumb and for most cases, these will only be available to those who have been in contact with Vodafone for approximately 8 weeks although if you are getting no response to constructive communication and/or conversations have reached deadlock you can start these proceedings early.

The importance of EVIDENCE

• Log every conversation you have with summaries, names of the agents, and dates and times
    • Record your conversations where possible
      • The resolver app can do this, but other smartphone apps can also be utilised
      • If you decide to record the conversation you must notify the agent at the start of the call
    • Request a summarising email from the agent at the end of your call
    • It may be difficult, but try to remain calm and clear, i.e. firm, about the scenario. The agent is human and deals with many unhappy users so putting their back up will not help your case
    • Agree at least one action at the end of the call. This can be the summarising email, a response within an agreed period. This will provide timescales and constructive progress for your case.

If you reach escalation with one of the telecom monitoring bodies then all the above evidence and logs will not only save you time, but avoid any doubt or missed key events during your engagement with Vodafone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yao
    Last edited by YaoSong; 20-01-2016 at 8:36 AM.
Page 2
    • diamonds
    • By diamonds 19th Jan 16, 4:21 PM
    • 5,981 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    diamonds
    Just spent ages typing out my issue as requested only to get an error page stating 403 Forbidden when I hit submit.

Seems like typical VF dealing with my issue for the last 18 months then.....
    Originally posted by lagerspice
    By default when you type anything out online copy and paste before sending, you have learnt the hard way twice, you joined Voda and you used the internet, you know have knowledge to evolve

Good luck with your Voda issue tho!
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe
    • diamonds
    • By diamonds 19th Jan 16, 4:24 PM
    • 5,981 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    diamonds
    Hello fellow frustrated Vodafone customer!

Fill out this form here: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm using the advice posted above in this sticky.

OP the link in the sticky doesn't work (there's no URL attached) so if you can amend to hot link it that'd be great.
    Originally posted by 20aday
    YaoSong can you also put a link into the contact page for Ofcom

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 19th Jan 16, 8:48 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 1,063 Thanks
    20aday
    YaoSong can you also put a link into the contact page for Ofcom

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    Originally posted by diamonds
    I've a feeling OFCOM should take priority linking over Vodafone
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • diamonds
    • By diamonds 19th Jan 16, 10:00 PM
    • 5,981 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    diamonds
    I've a feeling OFCOM should take priority linking over Vodafone
    Originally posted by 20aday
    Indeed. I agree.
    • gricem85
    • By gricem85 21st Jan 16, 1:47 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gricem85
    Vodafone error means i now have 2 late payments and they refuse to remove..
    I took out a vodafone contract in the summer through carphone warehouse and filled in all the forms necessary including my DD details.

maybe 6-8 weeks later i noticed no payment had been made, there was no DD set up on my bank account and nothing showing on my credit report so i went int a different carphone warehouse store near my work to check. they found my account and said everything was showing as ok, all up to date and no issues. said maybe it was just taking a bit longer to set up and not to worry.

a few more weeks later still nothing so i called vodafone who said they couldnt find my account at first then when they did, that again all was fine and not to worry (advisor didnt leave notes on my account to verify this).

i next went into a vodafone store and told them the story, they checked my account and even showed me on screen that no payment was due, this was now 3-4 months into my contract and i was telling them i hadnt made any payments. he said with a nil balance there was no payment i could make....
    I decided to give new DD details (my partners account whom i took the phone out for) so the advisor did this in store.

it was then i got a notification from credit expert of a change in my credit report - i checked this and it was the addition of a vodafone account and 2 late payments.

ive chased this up so many times now and i keep getting told it was my responsibility to make the payments.

ive been back into the vodafone store who remembered me coming in and have left notes to this effect. it has been investigated by a manager on the customer services line who said it was an error transferring the details from carphone warehouse to vodafone why it was never set up but also showing as up to date.

ive written to their customer relations and had credit expert contact them but am still being told it was my responsibilty to make the payment.

i dont know what else i can do. i made many attempts to make payments, i was fully aware no payment has been taken and was going in to store or calling every few weeks.

i am close to needing to apply for 3 buy to let remortgages on to new fixed rates and cant do it with a score of 750 when its normally 999.

can anyone shed any light or give me advice how to have them correct their error.

really appreciate it

mark
    • gricem85
    • By gricem85 21st Jan 16, 1:47 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gricem85
    PS sorry for the essay, wanted to put all the details in and didnt realise it was that long
    • diamonds
    • By diamonds 21st Jan 16, 1:56 PM
    • 5,981 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    diamonds
    I took out a vodafone contract in the summer through carphone warehouse and filled in all the forms necessary including my DD details.

maybe 6-8 weeks later i noticed no payment had been made, there was no DD set up on my bank account and nothing showing on my credit report so i went int a different carphone warehouse store near my work to check. they found my account and said everything was showing as ok, all up to date and no issues. said maybe it was just taking a bit longer to set up and not to worry.

a few more weeks later still nothing so i called vodafone who said they couldnt find my account at first then when they did, that again all was fine and not to worry (advisor didnt leave notes on my account to verify this).

i next went into a vodafone store and told them the story, they checked my account and even showed me on screen that no payment was due, this was now 3-4 months into my contract and i was telling them i hadnt made any payments. he said with a nil balance there was no payment i could make....
    I decided to give new DD details (my partners account whom i took the phone out for) so the advisor did this in store.

it was then i got a notification from credit expert of a change in my credit report - i checked this and it was the addition of a vodafone account and 2 late payments.

ive chased this up so many times now and i keep getting told it was my responsibility to make the payments.

ive been back into the vodafone store who remembered me coming in and have left notes to this effect. it has been investigated by a manager on the customer services line who said it was an error transferring the details from carphone warehouse to vodafone why it was never set up but also showing as up to date.

ive written to their customer relations and had credit expert contact them but am still being told it was my responsibilty to make the payment.

i dont know what else i can do. i made many attempts to make payments, i was fully aware no payment has been taken and was going in to store or calling every few weeks.

i am close to needing to apply for 3 buy to let remortgages on to new fixed rates and cant do it with a score of 750 when its normally 999.

can anyone shed any light or give me advice how to have them correct their error.

really appreciate it

mark
    Originally posted by gricem85
    Contact Ofcom and make a recorded reference numbered complaint, then voda and Ombudsman.

Also ICO as Voda are not submitting correct data info to the credit agencies.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 21st Jan 16, 9:21 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 1,063 Thanks
    20aday
    I'm wondering if Vodafone have had issues with processing payments over Summer 2015?

Given that Mark's had issues with Direct Debits and me with my failed upfront payment...

I was contacted today re: my issue.

Didn't really get an apology for what had gone on but I now know to vote with my feet at the end of my minimum term with them!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • Chownsie79
    • By Chownsie79 22nd Jan 16, 12:37 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Chownsie79
    Vodafone in correct thread!
    Vodafone used to be a company that was fairly easy to deal with, that is no longer the case.

I've been a customer of Vodafone for many years now, I had a contract for 12 months with them and was a happy customer so signed my wife up to an 18 month deal when she got her phone. At the end of my contract, I moved to a sim only deal to save cash, which has been fine.

My wife's phone still had time to run on the contract, but I planned to do the same once her contract finished. At this point, both phones were visible on the same online account (bills etc), we paid for our bills from our own personal bank accounts. No issues there.

Now we get to the issues............

I asked to put my wife on the same sim only deal, nothing else needed to change. My bill had increased slightly to 22 a month but I was happy for us to both pay that (previously north of 30).

On Jan 6th my wife's bill was 29.67, mine just over 18 - fine, she was still in-between the changes. However, I then got a bill sent to me for 60.72!!! This was broken down into three parts, a balance bought forward for my wife's phone of 21.77, my bill and her next bill. All to come out of my account. I could not understand why she was paying twice in two months.

So I made the call, was bumped to the next person with not explanation from the first and then again to a third person, each time I had to explain the issues. The third person's English was not the best but he told me he'd re-split the bills for the following month (March) and the 21.77 was an error, "do not worry about this" he said.

As I was not confident I called again and was told by the next agent that this was all sorted, he too said the 21.77 would drop off and I'd just pay one combined bill for Feb, split again in March. You can guess what happened a day later...........? 21.77 was taken from my account!!

So I called again last night, bumped between departments by agents with poor English language skills, I was told by the final agent that there is no evidence of a payment for 29.67! He has said there is nothing they can do for another 5 days until their system settles down (also shouting to someone close by in another language). As it was getting toward my pay day, this has taken me into a chargeable overdraft.

Today I will visit a store and if needed, draw a diagram so they understand this very basic !!!!-up! I'll also be visiting O2 and EE to see what deals they have, as I've totally lost faith in Vodafone and their rude employees.
    • dolphin19
    • By dolphin19 22nd Jan 16, 4:39 PM
    • 1,055 Posts
    • 1,557 Thanks
    dolphin19
    Thanks for this new thread. I'm still awaiting any response at all for my issue. I have logged all of my 21 calls and in-store visits. Sent two complaints and one deadlock request registered post the first being on the 10th Dec, and I've also registered and posted my WRT code on the other thread and still nothing. The silence is deafening! The only thing I haven't done throughout all this is record any conversations, but they must have records of some of the 21 calls?!

Surely this can't continue? I can no longer pronounce the word 'unbelievable' any more due to the abuse of the word over these last 6 weeks. Do you think I can claim compensation for Vodafone ruining my vocabulary?
    Originally posted by nomywell
    This could have been me posting. I am currently going through the complaints process with Vodafone after an issue which started in October 2015 when I moved from Vodafone to Orange and I was given a PAC code for changing without being told my contract still had 6 months on it. They are trying to charge me 460 but have actually at one point said that figure is incorrect anyway and it should be 220 - they can't explain how they reached the figure of 460 but I don't think I should be charged anything as I was not informed of this. The have referred me to a debt collection agency but told me it was a third party mediator (google was my friend in that case)

I have spent 7 hours in the Carphone Warehouse trying to deal with this issue and lost track of the number of phone calls that have been made (luckily I made a note of the dates)- the only times they have phoned me, rather than me phoning them, have been Boxing Day and New Years Eve! I am (almost literally) tearing my hair out. My complaint about their incompetence is 3 sheets of A4 long!

I have followed Which magazine's advice of informing them I am taking my complaint to the Ombudsman, I will be doing this in the next 2 weeks.

Finding this thread on here has at least shown me that I am not alone!
    Last edited by dolphin19; 22-01-2016 at 4:42 PM.
    • nomywell
    • By nomywell 22nd Jan 16, 9:44 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    nomywell
    I have followed Which magazine's advice of informing them I am taking my complaint to the Ombudsman, I will be doing this in the next 2 weeks.

Finding this thread on here has at least shown me that I am not alone!
    Originally posted by dolphin19
    Good luck, but do follow the advice at the start of this thread. I did, and Lee dealt with things. I'm still a customer (though I have the PAC codes ready to leave) and it remains to be seen whether Lee will honour his words to me. But I recorded the conversation and have this to fall back on should things get messy again.

It is worth noting that I never did receive anything back from Vodafone despite 2 complaint letters and one deadlock request and Lee telling me a reply was sent on the 10th. But hopefully that's all behind me now anyway. Good riddance I say. They will never again get my custom.
    • nomywell
    • By nomywell 22nd Jan 16, 9:47 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    nomywell
    This is good to hear. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Some of the staff I've dealt with at Vodafone are very good and some not at all, but it's the seniors in Vodafone that need to make the changes. It's always good to see when people post their bad experiences followed by the desired result.
    Originally posted by YaoSong
    Thanks, and no problem. I'm still on my way away from Vodafone so hopefully things go smoothly. I will be on here like a shot if they don't!

Bad news travels fast on the interweb, so I agree that it's important to keep people posted when making a complaint on forums.
    • lauradouglas1987
    • By lauradouglas1987 23rd Jan 16, 12:57 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lauradouglas1987
    355 unauthorised payment!!!
    355 taken last friday, numerous phone calls and online chats, was told I would get a refund today at the latest. 3 phonecalls and 3 online chats later and i'm told theres been a mistake and it was never processed??? Now told next friday! 14 days without my own money and I'm told I'm not even entitled to any compensation!?
    • lee.jones
    • By lee.jones 23rd Jan 16, 9:56 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lee.jones
    I have never dealt with such an incompetent corporate entity before. My list of complaints is huge, and growing, and includes dishonesty, misselling, overcharging, charges for services not rendered, inability to comprehend the simplest request and so much more.

In addition to the 5 hours or so wasted dealing with them this week I now have to spend more of my time doing the OFCOM and Ombudsman thing plus I'm requesting everything possible under the Data Protection Act of 1998.

I am customer of over 8 years with three numbers under the one account who can highlight some of their errors through full transcripts and provide transcripts leading up to calls from them in which the final details were agreed for the others. If it were me this would warrant further investigation, removal of the stone walling I'm experiencing and put an end to the nauseating regurgitation. Instead they choose to imply I am either a liar or live in a fantasy world in which I've made all the issues up, ignore questions/ requests and opt-out of reading more than a paragraph or two into my complaint.

To make matters worse I'm furious with myself for putting this off for so long. A decision which has caused me stress for sometime yet understandable knowing all too well that anything to do with Vodafone customer service representatives will consume at least an hour if not more. Also numerous calls as despite them being a global communication supplier their call centres are unable to sustain inbound calls from someone on their own network.

It took nearly two hours and a headache yesterday to get my PAC codes consisting of two attempts. I am hesitant to close the account as from what I've seen of late they will quite happily delete all relevant data and then proclaim I was a never a customer. I do honestly believe that are that dishonest and out of control.

One positive is they have not supplied any on the iPhones on the account. They are always purchased on a biennial basis outright from Apple. I guess, although learned the hard way, another is an even more concrete understanding that any communications with a supplier where the contract between us may change either needs to be recorded or in written form.

They are an utter disgrace. And all too representative of how large corporates are totally out of control.
    Last edited by lee.jones; 23-01-2016 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Adding a question
    • lee.jones
    • By lee.jones 23rd Jan 16, 10:02 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lee.jones
    If I were remotely dishonest I would look into taking advantage of the fact they do not have the correct address against the account. Something which has been brought to their attention more than once but remains an issue.
    • blinny79
    • By blinny79 23rd Jan 16, 12:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    blinny79
    Another disgruntled former vodafone customer here! I say I'm a former vodafone customer - i was a customer for less than 10 days but I haven't come across a more incompetent company before. I have completed the complaints form in the link given above but I will soon be escalating to the ombudsmen if this doesn't get resolved.
    In brief, I took out a new contact with Vodafone through the carphone warehouse in June 2015. I received the phone, inserted the sim card and there were already messages on the phone and the number shown on the phone was different to that shown on the contract. Numerous phone calls to Vodafone ensued and they couldn'd decide if that was my telephone number or not!! They said they would change it within 24 hours and gave me a different number, this change never happened. I returned the phone to carphone warehouse 9 days later within the 14 days cooling off period and this is where my problems have really started. As i know understand, vodafone refused the disconnection request (probably as the telephone number and IMEI number didn't tally). In short. I am now being chased by some collection agency for money that i do not owe. I am owed money by vodafone! I have logged this with the vodafone web forum team in the hope that this is finally resolved.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 23rd Jan 16, 1:37 PM
    • 8,208 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Watch your external credit files; they are now likely trashed for the next 6 years too. Add that to your list.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 23rd Jan 16, 8:20 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 1,063 Thanks
    20aday
    And Vodafone are that wonderful when you receive an email to give feedback about your recent customer service call the website lets you enter the information and then fails.

Convenient that!
    • A Flock Of Sheep
    • By A Flock Of Sheep 24th Jan 16, 9:19 AM
    • 5,108 Posts
    • 6,774 Thanks
    A Flock Of Sheep
    Just let them take you to court and tick the box on the N1 form that says "I intend to defend all of the claim". Then you can put your case across to the judge.

These "collection" agencies ar just toothless tigers. Many of them seem to pose as solicitors. I bet if you turned up at the address they give you wouldn't be able to sit down and discuss the matter with a solicitor.

Those debt collection agency letters are just printed by some giant printer and stuffed in an envelope in the hope you will pay. More fool them for taking on the toxic debts that Vodafone cause through their incompetence.

They have no powers to collect any money - only the courts can enforce that. The letters say "We may take you to court". The word MAY being inportant - meaning we will not necessarily do so. I owe Vodafone 280 in a cancellation fee when I turned off payment due to their incompetence. I am getting these letters too. But my credit record is OK as the account is in the name of my late husband so his credit record muct be hammered because mine is still pristine.
    Last edited by A Flock Of Sheep; 24-01-2016 at 9:24 AM.
    • A Flock Of Sheep
    • By A Flock Of Sheep 24th Jan 16, 9:31 AM
    • 5,108 Posts
    • 6,774 Thanks
    A Flock Of Sheep
    Maybe people who are experiencing dis-service should take their issues to their UK Corporate offices in Newbury in person and refuse to leave until the matter is sorted.

I sent serval letters to that address by signed for. All were signed for and all were neither acknowledged or replied to.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,818Users online

Martin's Twitter