New Journey

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thank you for all the best wishes for the New Year.

I have been here a year and it has been made all the better by all the wonderful people who have helped along the way.

Back home , washing in, small shop done.

Need to update spends tonight. I notice I have had a refund for some sale items I ordered , that apparently weren’t really available. Little bit annoyed as I would have shopped elsewhere . I feel a little complaint coming on.

Back to work tomorrow for 2 days , I am glad to be back in routine . Back at gym next week can’t face it this week .

Here’s to another MSE year in front of me.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy first MSE anniversary.
    I have been so lucky on my MSE journey & met such lovely people.
    Coming up to 12 years for me I think in February.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good to see you back.
    I think we must have had a similar bug as although the worst is definitely over I still have a runny nose. I have been back at the gym for a dance class but i will be back next week to start in earnest.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    Pauline’s comment about needing glasses and more problems with teeth has seen me sign up with my employer for health cover for dental, opticians etc. Will take the form in with me tomorrow, it comes out of my salary so that’s good for me .
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hope you had a great time away Cumbria and happy 1st anniversary.

I bet when you look back on your Year you’ll be so pleased at how far you’ve come.

I’d make that little complaint - you may get some sort of compensation!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Pauline’s comment about needing glasses and more problems with teeth has seen me sign up with my employer for health cover for dental, opticians etc. Will take the form in with me tomorrow, it comes out of my salary so that’s good for me .

Great idea.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    It’s getting stormy here ! Hope it doesn’t get really bad !
  • Hope you had a good new year trip away Cumbria and happy MSE anniversary :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    I enjoyed my time away , but it was very cold in the North East . My friends are very generous , they take me out visiting places etc. I bought English Heritage membership , as a lot of the places we visit are EH rather than National Trust. It was £54 for 15 months instead of the usual 12 . I used my entertainment fund for this month to pay for it as I know I am not going out in the next couple of weeks. I can use it here in my area as well.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    The membership sounds seriously good value Cumbria.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts