ESA f2f assessment cancelled by Maximus confused

2»

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Why would the OP's Income Support stop? ESA and IS are totally different. They either claim IS because they are a carer or they have a child under 5.

The OP has stated that their youngest child is now 24. Unless they are a Carer they have no entitlement to Income Support. The OP hasn't clarified whether or not they are a Carer.
    The OP wouldn't be able to have a live claim for IS and ESA assuming she is claim the Income Related version of ESA. Only one income related claim is allowed.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    The OP has stated that their youngest child is now 24. Unless they are a Carer they have no entitlement to Income Support. The OP hasn't clarified whether or not they are a Carer.
    The OP wouldn't be able to have a live claim for IS and ESA assuming she is claim the Income Related version of ESA. Only one income related claim is allowed.
    I know this but thanks. As i made my previous comment in post #4, at that time i had no idea of the age of the OP youngest child because this wasn't made clear by the OP until post #8.
  • poppy12345
    To save any confusion, this is a previous thread from the OP. It states "their friend".https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5833945

Clearly by this thread, it's not their friend but them that's having the issues.
  • aimee0763
    aimee0763 Posts: 176 Forumite
    A claimant can be found fit for work for failing to attend the assessment.
    http://www.cpag.org.uk/http%3A/%252Fwww.cpag.org.uk/content/ask-cpag-online-esa-problem-areas-claims-and-payments-have-you-failed-attend-medical-examina

As you don't have young children, do you claim Carers Allowance for looking after someone? This is another reason you could be claiming IS.

I agree they can stop your benefit if you fail to attend but that do not apply to me. Maximus cancelled my f2f assessment not me. I have written proof from their email and letter.

Below is a piece from a long email from Maximus

As such, we have returned your case to the DWP at this time, for them to consider the next course of action. Should you wish to contact the DWP to discuss the current status of your claim, you can call them on. I certainly do not wish to contact them.

On behalf of Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, I would like to apologise for the upset that this matter has caused you.

I can confirm that your complaint will remain on our records for future reference, and I do hope that any future dealings that you may have with our service will not give you cause for concern.

I doubt my benefit would be stopped. It's been less than a month since that email. I shall wait from the dwp. I've been told two other claimants has had the same as me recently from Maximus and have been put in the support group by paper based assessment.
  • aimee0763
    calcotti wrote: »
    Your original post says

I interpreted your original post to mean that you had been instructed to contact the DWP hence the advice to follow the instruction.

That's fine, your choice then.

Well Maximus gave me the choice by saying if I wish to contact the DWP, my choice I do not wish it. It shouldn't be a problem surely.

I haven't suggested that you would not get any further letters. My concern is that, given the poor communication displayed by the health assessors, if the DWP think that it is you that has failed to attend the assessment they will find you fit for work by default. You would then be refused ESA, although you could challenge the decision. If you are going through an IS to ESA transfer (you cannot receive both) once an ESA decision is made your IS would come to an end - but you will of course be sent letters about this before it happens.

I didn't even had a chance to come across an assessor because of several f2f cancellations by Maixmus. Why would the DWP think I have failed I have clear letter stating by Maximus they will and have cancelled my f2f assessment those letters should be in my file for DWP to see besides if the DWP thought I have failed to attend I would have send them both the email and letters I've received by Maximus that onus would be on me to ensure DWP see proof of the cancellations letters and email by Maximus.

That does seem likely. The IS to ESA transfers were supposed to be completed by 2014.
    http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/incapacity-esa-transfer-and-reassessment

I'm on IS which is a mean tested benefit I've never been on Incapacity Benefit which is not a mean tested benefit.

As you say you do not appear to be at fault and it is up to the DWP to decide how to proceed. Anyway - good luck with this and hope it works out for you.

No I'm not at fault and have proof of letters and email from Maximus stating clearly the esa assessment itself has been cancelled and that I do not need to attend the onus now is on the DWP to let me know the outcome. Thank you I too hope it'll work out.
  • aimee0763
    edited 16 August 2018 at 8:17AM
    To save any confusion, this is a previous thread from the OP. It states "their friend".https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5833945

Clearly by this thread, it's not their friend but them that's having the issues.

Sorry for the confusion but sometimes I become my friend for personal reasons otherwise every dealing with the DWP is legit on our sides.
  • aimee0763
    edited 16 August 2018 at 8:15AM
    TELLIT01 wrote: »

I am a Carer and the claim is for ESA Income Related. DWP knows of that too.
  • poppy12345
    aimee0763 wrote: »
    I am a Carer
    Do you claim Carers Allowance? People can be a carer and not claim carers allowance. Just trying to understand why you're claiming Income Support.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure