Holiday Advice

My family and I went to a villa in Spain in which the pool was atrocious. Dirty and sandy. The manager of the property ignored us repeatedly and made continuous false promises to get fixed.
Please can anyone advise what I can do about this

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 August 2018 at 9:21AM
    My family and I went to a villa in Spain in which the pool was atrocious. Dirty and sandy. The manager of the property ignored us repeatedly and made continuous false promises to get fixed.
    Please can anyone advise what I can do about this

Who did you book the villa with ?

When did you go ?

How did you pay ?
  • Personal touch villas
    Fuengirola in Spain
    Bank transfer
    It is our third time using them and the first time that I have been treated like this.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have you spoken to the owners of personal touch villas?
  • I have no way to contact the owners just the manager. His only response at the moment is I am trying to contact owner. The owner lives in uk it cannot be that difficult with all the modern technology to get hold of someone.
    Anything further he just ignores me
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Better to post on the Holidays board really.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 13 August 2018 at 10:35AM
    Did you use the pool?
    What does the contract state about the pool?

If the contract is based in the UK, which it sounds like it is, then you can sue the owner for loss of enjoyment.

Obviously this doesn't mean getting your money back in full, but compensation can be won when you buy or rent something for a particular feature only to discover that feature isn't what it should be.

Having a pool in Spain is a pretty big feature so there is a case if you didn't use the pool. However dirty and sandy is subjective, you would expect some sand to be kicking about on a beach holiday, have you got pictures, videos? This would help your case if the pool is easily identified as the one in question.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Never a good idea to pay by bank transfer. No protection whatsoever, no possibility of a chargeback.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • hollydays
    edited 14 August 2018 at 12:09AM
    I have no way to contact the owners just the manager. His only response at the moment is I am trying to contact owner. The owner lives in uk it cannot be that difficult with all the modern technology to get hold of someone.
    Anything further he just ignores me

This is from the website?!

Contact us
    David Gray or Lyn Gray
    Please call us on the numbers below or fill in the form below or email us directly on: !!!8211;
    Email Bookings: info@personaltouchvillas.co.uk : General Emails: gray@personaltouchvillas.co.uk
    Office Telephone: (+34) 952 44 81 15
    David!!!8217;s Mobile: (+34) 607 532 397 : Carolyn!!!8217;s Mobile: (+34) 667 497 278

Edit-I see you have logged in. Have you now contacted the above and got resolution.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Those are all Spanish numbers ... I won't be surprised if those are the exact same details the OP has been using.
  • hollydays
    edited 14 August 2018 at 9:21AM
    DoaM wrote: »
    Those are all Spanish numbers ... I won't be surprised if those are the exact same details the OP has been using.
    Yes, it also says they are in Spain on the website....
    These are the actual owners of the villa company.
    If he's not getting a result from the villa owners, this is the obvious next port of call.
    He actually said above he had no way of contacting them?
    If the manager AND the villa company owners are ignoring him, he failed to say.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure