Con artists - "Approved Garages"

Options

Comments

• Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    But you accept that Rotherham, Telford and Luton are.

Yes, those examples happen to be groups of Asians. But that does NOT make it an "Asian problem" or a "Muslim problem", as my many examples of non-Asian, non-Muslim groups doing similar shows. But the press didn't see fit to mention, let alone shout about, the religion or ethicity of the offenders unles theyre Johnny Foreigners. Then people who don't like Johnny Foreigner seize on that to justify their xenophobia.

It is a pervert problem and the ONLY common defining characteristic is "pervert". Not race, not religion, not even gender. Just pervert.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Joe_Horner wrote: »
    Yes, those examples happen to be groups of Asians. But that does NOT make it an "Asian problem" or a "Muslim problem", as my many examples of non-Asian, non-Muslim groups doing similar shows. But the press didn't see fit to mention, let alone shout about, the religion or ethicity of the offenders unles theyre Johnny Foreigners. Then people who don't like Johnny Foreigner seize on that to justify their xenophobia.

It is a pervert problem and the ONLY common defining characteristic is "pervert". Not race, not religion, not even gender. Just pervert.

These are British Asian not Johnny Foreigners.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,619 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 August 2018 at 1:44PM
    Options
    hucker wrote: »
    I'm a UK citizen, not an EU citizen. Besides, we've left, so all their laws can get lost.

We haven't left. And hopefully we won't.

BTW the laws are our laws, written into UK law by parliament.
    Joe_Horner wrote: »
    I've just hand fed you a direct link to the exact wording of the law on the official website of UK law. So you'll believe "your search results" over the official record of what the law says?

Dear God!!!

Unfortunately these people have a vote but it also seems typical for someone so adamant about Brexit who doesn't believe in facts.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »

Unfortunately these people have a vote but it also seems typical for someone so adamant about Brexit who doesn't believe in facts.

Especially as Hucker is one of those Knuckle draggers that thought we left the day after the vote. D'oh!
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »

We will leave or else how would we remain and save face?
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    These are British Asian not Johnny Foreigners.

I spoke too soon, the Court of Appeal have ruled three from Rochdale will no longer be British.
  • hucker
    hucker Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    almillar wrote: »
    Yes, we hear you. Except that it's not. You've already accepted that your garage is marking up the labour cost with other costs, remember?!

No, it charges a fixed labour cost per hour, a cost I know about in advance. Garages that make up the amount after the work is done are thieving cowboys.
    almillar wrote: »
    You've no idea. They've very likely bought in the cake and MARKED IT UP MASSIVELY, the very thing you're complaining about in a garage! Wait till you find out the real cost of the beer in the keg that someone just pulled you a pint of!

I brew my own so the government can't steal 90% of the cost in taxes after having no input whatsoever into making it.
  • hucker
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    No. You have it wrong. Both wings redistribute wealth but in different directions.

No, the left wing take money from taxes and redistribute it to the people who don't do so much work. Mr Smith earns £40K and has no kids. Mr Jones earns £20K and has 3 kids. Who pays for the education of Mr Jones's kids? It's Mr Smith, despite not having any of his own.
    You talk about extremist religion and your views on sexual abuse as if your views aren't offensively extremist. Thank God, Allah, Buddha, whatever you are one of a kind.

Anyone who believes in god is a !!!!ing idiot. Do you believe in santa claus too? You're truly pathetic.
    And every area in Scotland voted to remain, so you are in the minority in more ways than one.

Remain in what? The UK or the EU?
  • hucker
    Options
    Yeah your kids leave at 16 and sign on like their dad.

I have a Uni degree. But a lot of kids I went to school with left at 16 and are now binmen, Asda checkout assistants, etc. What's the point in taking more money from taxpayers to force these kids to get educated beyond their capabilities?
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hucker wrote: »
    I have a Uni degree.

What in? Bigotry? Did you get it from the University of Phoenix? You know the one that you send off a cheque for $4k and they send you a certificate?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure