ClickMechanic Reviews

Options

Comments

• Nodding_Donkey
    Options
    Do you really expect a mechanic to know that the wheelnuts have been tightened too much just by looking at them?

Really?

It's a fact of life that locking wheelnut keys can break, you just have to suck it up.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Seems clickmechanic is just a front end for anyone to sign up and pay a commission in the same vein as trustatrader.

https://www.clickmechanic.com/mechanics/home

So will they be any good: depends on which mechanic you get.

In charge of the company are these guys

https://www.clickmechanic.com/about

Will just leave that there.
  • newkid1
    Options
    I visited your website, to see if there was any links to leave a comment about click mechanic,I cannot find any way of leaving a comment, I booked an appointment with click mechanic On 14 April 2016 For Monday the 18th between 10 o'clock and 12 o'clock, I received a phone call saying there were held up in traffic and would arrive as soon as possible, I then received a further phone call at 1:30 PM. he had got the wrong parts and would not arrive until much later, I rearranged the appointment for the next day Tuesday the 19th they promised me they would be by 12PM, at 12:30 I phoned their helpline, they told me the mechanic could not get the parts for my car Renault Espace Alize DT 2200 1999 and would not be coming I should go to a local garage in my opinion this company of very unprofessional ,Did not give me the courtesy of phoning me.
  • Squigley007
    Options
    Do not use this company my vehicle had to be recovered from them. They don't hold any evidence of liability insurance with their mechanic panel and no direct route to recover from them. Failed miserably in their duty of care.
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    Do not use this company my vehicle had to be recovered from them. They don't hold any evidence of liability insurance with their mechanic panel and no direct route to recover from them. Failed miserably in their duty of care.

I used them for a Cambelt change and service, no problems, a mobile mechanic turned up on time, did the work to a good standard at my home and left no mess behind. As for parts, the correct oil and an OEM filter, I supplied the Cambelt kit and water pump, he brought along a kit just in case, it was the same as I bought, so no cheap, inferior knock off parts used.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    SJithan wrote: »
    I had a horrible experience with them. I booked them to have my brake pads replaced, however my wheels were too tight (from previous ownership) so the mechanic that came ended up breaking my locking wheel nut key. He didnt complete the job and told me he would charge about £20 for his time, however I later found out my card had been charged £33. I then bought a new locking wheel nut key and went to a local garage (the wheels were still too tight so there was no point getting a new key until I solved the tight wheels issue - I did not realise this was my fundamental issue at the time) The garage had enough knowledge and warned me that my locking wheel nut key could break as the wheels were on too tight so I told them not to do anything further and decided to get my tight wheels issue sorted first and saved myself breaking another locking wheel nut key. Clickmechanics mechanic did not warn me of this risk - in other words they were not as good as my local garage in terms of experience and knowledge. I raised this as a complaint to try and get my locking wheel nut key reimbursed because I would have stopped the mechanic from going further had he told me the key could break. Clickmechanic refused and gave no explanation. So I will never use them again EVER - I strongly feel I was mistreated in my case. Their customer service is horrible if you have a complaint. I lost about £70 and still didnt get my brakes done.

So your regular garage had the benefit of hindsight with one having already been broken! As even the best of garages simply have no way of knowing nuts are seizing without trying to untighten them!

It's not the first mechanics fault your car had some issues!
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    arcon5 wrote: »
    So your regular garage had the benefit of hindsight with one having already been broken! As even the best of garages simply have no way of knowing nuts are seizing without trying to untighten them!

It's not the first mechanics fault your car had some issues!

Your replying to a post from 2015, dragged up by spammer mrb2g09. Obviously business is bad for click mechanic and they are resorting to some SPAM.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• cc120
    cc120 Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rhodesd wrote: »
    After numerous reading the reviews I booked a mechanic to repair my car expecting the repair to be carried out at my home. A transporter turned up to take it to a garage in Stockport to be repaired (20+ miles away). I asked when it would be finished as I needed the car in 3 days for work. The driver told me he was sub-contracted and didn't know. I finally got the contact number for the mechanic (Jack) and he told me it would be done the next day. The following day he said the parts had been ordered and it would be the day after. I rang later to be told there had been further delays with the parts. I told him I needed the car back for work and he said I would have to pay the £60 it had cost him to pick it up. Needing the car I agreed and got a lift to the garage. At the garage he had 'a couple of friends with him' who had blocked my car in and weren't about to move it until I had paid. It was an intimidating situation and at that point I just wanted the car back. No work had been done and I don't think he'd even looked at it. I contacted Click Mechanic twice by email and two months later still haven't had a reply. I phoned them and they said all the right words but did nothing. I would not use this company again...beware. I have now had the repairs done at a local garage cheaper than they quoted, pity I didn't find the garage before. Now contacting Fair Trade and Standards but not holding my breath
    What a horrendous experience, a perfect example of a car owner's worst fear.
  • Jules2001
    Options
    Clickmechanix ate the worst. They charges me £325 to fix my clutch and then they made more problems and messed up my gear selector so I couldn't get 5th and reverse and then when the mechanic came to fix that so I could actually use my car again (4 days later), I noticed that the pressure plate hadn't been adjusted. Called them again and then today when the car was meant to be fixed, I get a message saying the mechanic has family issues and can't come and fix it and for me to take it to a mechanic to get it checked and sorted. I am 32 weeks pregnant and have paid for a service which was shocking and now I am required to fix the problem they made. Do not use them! Does anyone know how I can get money back from them and how to escalate this? Are there any online ombudsmen or anything if that sort?
  • aidan101
    Options
    Had a problem with the car got one of click Mechanic lads out for a Plug-in Diagnostic Inspection he said it was the clutch and would put a new one in i agreed and he came round again and did the job, clutch put in under one hour i said that was quick he said that what it take's this car is very rarely used by me so i had no problems for two years as it had very little mileage done in the two years, until one day the gearbox started making a very bad sound, phoned click again to change the gearbox and they sent out a mechanic to change the gearbox, i meet the mechanic and gave him the keys and said id call back to him in a hour to see how he was going with the job. when i came back to him he said the last guy from click mechanic who changed the clutch on the car had not put back 5 bolts in the gearbox and had not put back in Split pins and he all so told me that the gearbox was a inch from the engine and it was about to fall out of the car. AVOID AVOID AVOID these cowboys there is no vetting done on who they have working for them and when you ring up to complain they do not want to take any responsibility saying he just a sub-contractor you will have to go back to him
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback