Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Bobblehat wrote: »
    No problem with my application for the new Furness BS 2.5% RS in Preston today. Didn't try to sell me other products, good clear information and the passbook should be with me by post within a week.

You don't need to have the passbook updated if you make the monthly deposit by faster payments, as you can check if the deposit has registered 2 or 3 days later using the online facility …. or ring up to confirm.

All in all …. no problems.

p.s. Preston branch personnel all seem to have big grins on their faces with the amount of footfall this RS offer has generated in the first two days … or maybe they are just always friendly :)

They've been 'inundated' to quote the Poulton (near Blackpool) branch! Their 'furthest' opener was from Newcastle! I enjoyed the visit :)
  • abz88
    abz88 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just noticed the First Direct Regular Saver Account Special conditions are out of date now. They scrapped the £10 a month fee on the 1st Account back in September
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    abz88 wrote: »
    Just noticed the First Direct Regular Saver Account Special conditions are out of date now. They scrapped the £10 a month fee on the 1st Account back in September

But for MSEr which I fully believe many already have Everyday e-Saver, this fee does not really matter as they never pay fee anyway.
  • sully1311
    sully1311 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    My OHs First Direct regular saver matured yesterday but we’re not able to withdraw the money even though the interest has dropped to 0.15%. Is this usual?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    sully1311 wrote: »
    My OHs First Direct regular saver matured yesterday but we’re not able to withdraw the money even though the interest has dropped to 0.15%. Is this usual?
    FD will transfer the matured proceeds into a Savings Account or an Everyday e-Saver, from where it can be withdrawn, via the current account. Your husband should call them if this doesn't happen. There may be a delay on non-working days.
  • sully1311 wrote: »

Yes an no.

For future ref, call them the day it matures and ask them to transfer funds to your current account and then you can do what you want with the funds without waiting.
    At the same time you can open another Reg saver should you wish to do so.
    I'd be making that call now.
  • Hi Everybody,

Here is this weekend's update.

- Virgin Money Regular E-Saver updated to issue 14

I will do the next update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page
  • abz88
    abz88 Posts: 312 Forumite
    adindas wrote: »
    But for MSEr which I fully believe many already have Everyday e-Saver, this fee does not really matter as they never pay fee anyway.

True, but it doesn't mean that information shouldn't be updated to reflect the current situation.
  • Launching tomorrow but only 1.5% so might not make the cut on this thread.

Unsure of name/length/period but just in case people wanted to make an appointment.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Launching tomorrow but only 1.5% so might not make the cut on this thread.

Unsure of name/length/period but just in case people wanted to make an appointment.

I won't bother, as I can offset against my mortgage for 1.5% without affecting savings tax limits
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure