Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    • 3,938Posts
    • 2,945Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP 12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 380
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 20th Dec 19, 10:42 AM
    • 32,428 Posts
    • 67,394 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    The MUA pallettes and President are good buys, thank you!

ETA: the President is the same price in Iceland; I daresay the dates are longer.
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 20-12-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 24th Dec 19, 5:47 PM
    • 2,007 Posts
    • 4,370 Thanks
    LouLou
    Trongate, Glasgow Poundland:

Bit of a weird one, but a Helix Maths Compact Set (Ryman has it for 2.19) - 15cm Ruler 180 protractor 45 and 60 Set-square, Self-centring compass, 90mm pencil, Sharpener with an anti-tamper screw, Eraser.

W7 Brow Broadway (Liquid Brow Shaper in Dark Brown), 1
    Simple Daily Skin Detox Purifying Facial Wash 150ml (at the 1 section but actually scans at 2, bit annoying but I bought them anyway).

Another Maybelline Metallic Lip Kit, Python, 10 Treacherous, 1

Merry Christmas, everyone!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 27th Dec 19, 8:05 PM
    • 2,007 Posts
    • 4,370 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow:

Hot Wheels Bubble Wand & Flying Disc Set (Age 3+), 1

Heinz Tomato Ketchup Oven Gloves, Heinz Kitchen Towel (Beanz and Tomato Ketchup designs), 1

Heinz Baked Beans Collector's Mug, 1

DC Comics The Joker Painted Wooden Figure, 1

Johnson's Baby Shampoo 750ml (in between the 75p and 1 display items, not sure of the price of this one)

Union Street, Glasgow:
    Nick Jr Nella The Princess Knight Figures, 1

Press-Out And Play Despicable Me 3 (this was at the 2 section)

More Maybelline Python Metallic Lip Kits - 15 Venomous and 35 Valiant, 1 each.
    Last edited by LouLou; 28-12-2019 at 12:14 AM.
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 31st Dec 19, 12:23 AM
    • 9,261 Posts
    • 17,327 Thanks
    calleyw
    Argyle Street, Glasgow:
    DC Comics The Joker Painted Wooden Figure, 1
    Originally posted by LouLou

Got my partner one just before xmas he loved it. It has two faces only complaint there is no where on the figure to store the second face. Would be great if they got the Superman and and bat man ones in xx
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 1st Jan 20, 3:39 PM
    • 32,428 Posts
    • 67,394 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Went in today for some plastic take-away containers - found myself bereft of them after multiple guests took leftovers home! It couldn't wait as I'd made a load of soup for the freezer and had nothing suitable to store it in - strangely I couldn't find them in Asda, Poundstretcher, Aldi or Lidl in the run-up to Christmas so had to make the effort to go into the town centre.

I couldn't resist looking at the Christmas reductions, there was lots there for 50p including bags of pot pourri, decorations, boxes of 6 pine-scented votive candles, fake poinsettias in foil wrapped bases, and Christmas cushions (you might not like the design, but 50p for a cushion isn't a bad price). What I ended up buying were lots of Christmas lights for next year (battery operated ones) at 50p each, and a couple of plastic travel mugs - the Blah Blah Blag design was the only one they had - but was delighted when they scanned through the till at 25p each. They are always so handy for the car / any kind of long commute.
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 01-01-2020 at 3:45 PM.

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 3rd Jan 20, 2:14 PM
    • 2,007 Posts
    • 4,370 Thanks
    LouLou
    HAPPY NEW YEAR Pictures from last night, around 7pm, Argyle Street, Glasgow:
    (A tad shambolic, may also depend on what your store has left):
    Charity Paper Napkins, 25p

All sorts of Baubles and a few Novelty Toys, 50p

Festive Paper Plates, Drinking Cups, 25p

Wrapping Paper, 25p

Union Street, Glasgow:
    Baby Shark Toothpaste 75ml, 1

A few Disney books:
    Aladdin A Friend Like Him, 1
    The Lion King Hakuna Matata, 1
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 4th Jan 20, 5:01 PM
    • 32,428 Posts
    • 67,394 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Thanks! I went in for some mini-baubles and that is what I got, 18 in a pack for 50p.

• quoia
    • By quoia 4th Jan 20, 9:21 PM
    • 13,388 Posts
    • 141,897 Thanks
    quoia
    I was on the hunt for dimmable light bulbs yesterday - I can save anyone else the pain of looking in Poundland for them, because although they do many varieties of bulbs, not the dimmable ones. <snip>

</snip>
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Not sure if you've sorted this out ....

... but does 6 for 14 float your boat ?
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ()
    () Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 4th Jan 20, 11:22 PM
    • 32,428 Posts
    • 67,394 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Not sure if you've sorted this out ....

... but does 6 for 14 float your boat ?
    Originally posted by quoia
    Possibly! The bulbs have been in place for a few weeks now but they flicker at times.

Disclose please?

• quoia
    • By quoia 5th Jan 20, 12:18 AM
    • 13,388 Posts
    • 141,897 Thanks
    quoia
    Possibly! The bulbs have been in place for a few weeks now but they flicker at times.

Disclose please?
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Price only works out for 1 particular offer on 60W equivalent (806 lumens I think) that's a TWIN pack of Bayonet Cap "normal" size/shape lamps (BUT are DIMMABLE)

Place is SAINSBURY'S, price is 7 for twin-pack but currently a 3 for 2 offer

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/light-bulbs/sainsburys-home-bulb-led-standard-60w-bc-dimmable-x2-131459479-p

CORRECTION - Applies to 2 others if ES or SES fittings are possible/required (that's Edison Screw or Small ES)

A 60w ES FILAMENT type

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/light-bulbs/sainsburys-home-bulb-led-filament-standard-es-60w-dimmable-x2-133905444-p

or a 40W SES "Frosted Candle"
    https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/light-bulbs/led-frosted-candle-40w-dimmable-ses-2-pack
    Last edited by quoia; 05-01-2020 at 12:25 AM.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ()
    () Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 5th Jan 20, 9:02 AM
    • 32,428 Posts
    • 67,394 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Thanks, that would cost me 49 to cover the 20 bulbs I could replace, but there are no reviews! Don't mind spending the money if there is a no-flicker guarantee, but from what I understand its pretty ubiquitous with dimmable LEDs, regardless of price.

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 5th Jan 20, 4:18 PM
    • 2,007 Posts
    • 4,370 Thanks
    LouLou
    Amazon Warehouse is excellent for LED bulbs, dimmable ones too, though you need to be prepared to dig/wait/expect disaster sometimes (referring to their hopeless grading!).

Eg, this one is dimmable and only 60p but there's only one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B01D1P8A8E/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

BUT I have shared HUKD posts of cheap LED bulbs where there's been bulk-listings - eg (non-dimmable and much higher priced now!) here and here and here!

Edit 8th January: Not exactly pence, but these Osram Dimmable LED E27 9W/60W Equivalent Bulbs (4 pack) may be suitable. 4.51 Like New https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B01MCV5LTN/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

22 individual items available at time of posting. With Amazon Warehouse, prices may go down or up over time.
    Last edited by LouLou; 08-01-2020 at 7:07 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 6th Jan 20, 9:33 PM
    • 2,007 Posts
    • 4,370 Thanks
    LouLou
    Trongate, Glasgow, tonight. Our loved/loathed "Banter" Mugs are now 25p!

Other "Banter" Mugs are mentioned in my MSE posts, here and here

Even managed to find two "classic" designs that were available in 2018 for 25p (Argyle Street, Glasgow tonight):

What A Bunch Of Pr**ks
    What A Bunch Of C**ks

Big clickys of the 25p (all items, I assume) Xmas display in Trongate, Glasgow store tonight here and here

More Technics Lip Kit shades (Oh So Wicked and Lady Bird) in Argyle Street, Glasgow tonight:
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 10th Jan 20, 12:59 AM
    • 2,007 Posts
    • 4,370 Thanks
    LouLou
    Poundland is now putting out their Valentine's display (at least, in the Argyle Street, Glasgow store) but I got these 25p goodies from their Xmas stock instead.

Union Street, Glasgow last night (Thursday)
    Wallet Hero (Letter Opener, Ruler, Spanners, Bottle Opener, Box Opener, Peeler, Phone Holder, Screwdriver)
    Multi Tool Pen (Screwdriver, Stylus, Ruler, Spirit Level, Pen)

Marshmallow Boobies
    Marshmallow Booty
    (bit naff but it will embarrass/make the recipient laugh)

Got a 2 Pack of Santa Sacks and some small packs of Xmas Lights (6/8 Lights) for 25p each too.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 14th Jan 20, 8:21 PM
    • 2,007 Posts
    • 4,370 Thanks
    LouLou
    Trongate, Glasgow:

Top Trumps Star Wars Rogue One, 1
    (there's a full display there, hard to see with the shelves/lighting)

There's a Top Trumps Deal post on HUKD from a week ago, which says there's also Tsum Tsum (I bought those a while back from Poundland, I think*) and Num Noms out there as well.

*Actually no, it was OneBelow and it was back in September, here
    Last edited by LouLou; 14-01-2020 at 9:58 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 21st Jan 20, 5:28 PM
    • 2,007 Posts
    • 4,370 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow, around 2.30pm:

Think these are available in B&M and the like (not that I'm in there often!)
    Swizzel's Love Hearts/Parma Violets/Drumstick Squashies Reed Diffuser, Adjustable Gel Air Freshener, Wax Melts, 1

Sleek Vitality Foundation (Light To Medium Coverage/Oil-Free) 30ml VF15 (another shade was available, also very dark), 1

Num-Noms Top Trumps, 1

London Taxi, 1

All sorts of 50p items
    Batchelors Super Noodles BBQ Beef Pot, Lloyd Grossman Pour Over Sauces (Wholegrain Mustard & Tarragon), Homepride All-American Sticky Louisiana Lime Cooking Sauce (serves 4), Victoria's Bakery Chocolate Sponge Mix
    Mug Shot Spicy Tomato Pasta, Mug Shot Roast Chicken, Castle Minced Beef & Onion tin, Princes Stewed Steak tin, Chicken Curry tin, Hot Dogs With Sauce ? (can't really see that one!)
    Sharwood's Plain Mini Poppadoms, Sharwood's Korma Sauce, Crespo Olives in tins

75p items
    KitKat 4 Finger/4 Pack, MilkyWay Crispy Rolls 5 + 2 (going by the shelf promo label, though the ones on display look like 5 packs), Kinder Chocolate Bar 105g

Edit: Those Osram Dimmable LED E27 9W/60W Equivalent Bulbs (4 pack) I mentioned are slipping down in price, 3.65 Like New/3.46 Very Good https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B01MCV5LTN/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all
    Last edited by LouLou; 22-01-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,132Posts Today

8,027Users online

Martin's Twitter