16 year old son starting his army training help!

Comments

• Just an update for everyone. My son has recieved his 1st posting and he is going away on January 3rd 2010. He is going to Cyprus. He is very lucky to get this postting we have been told.
    He will still be 17 when he gets there hes 18 a few weeks later. Shame he wont be home for that.
    We ve had a lovely xmas together and will be spending new year celebrations together having a party for him.
    I just wanted to let any mums or dads of new recruits that all will be well and they are looked after very well.
    My son has come back with so much respect for everything wow he even vacuumed my stairs today (he never did that before ever) and I didnt even ask him.
    So if you are worrying about you son/ daughter as they go off to camp for the 1st time. Rest easy as all in all it is a great experience.
    happy new year
    wanting to win a wedding :p:p

• Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Lou,

Where in Cyprus is he going.?

Did you know that in the end of Feb 2 adults can fly with easyjet return into Paphos with 1x 20kg bag from Manchester - Paphos for under £150. I think its fly thursday return on the tuesday.

As the year goes on, flights are more expensive but Jet2 start to fly from East Midlands from April onwards. Easyjet fly all year round.

I've been looking to fly the family out.

Regards,

Alias
  • Thats great news, hope he has a enjoys it :D

Loved reading this post all the way through, thanks for sharing.

My dad is ex RAF and hubby RAF so all I have ever know so to hear from civiy street;)

I wish your son all the best:T
    it costs nothing to smile:D
  • 13Kent
    13Kent Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Been reading your post with interest. I'm sure he's only got this far due to your support.

Cyprus will be a brilliant posting for him with a lot of things for him to do outside working hours. Hope he enjoys it, and you can get out for a visit. :cool:
  • Bellebo
    Bellebo Posts: 17 Forumite
    My son left to go to Harogate today to start his training...am still sat here crying now with a mixture of pride and sadness.x
    January 2010 Grocery challenge /£240
    £365 in 365 days challenge
    50lbs to go...
    Staying positive!
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Bellebo wrote: »
    My son left to go to Harogate today to start his training...am still sat here crying now with a mixture of pride and sadness.x

He'll be alright,he'll have grown 6ft by the time you see him next!
    The's a thread for parents here
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=136790.html
    so if you have any concerns,queries ect,just ask.Some parents even meet up when going down to the respective camps & become friends.
    HTH & best of luck to him.
  • vixtay_2
    vixtay_2 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Bellebo wrote: »

Hey there...
    My son started at afc in september hes there too....Royal Signals Cambrai
    Heres a fab site of where all the parents are.....
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=136790/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=1420.html

Welcome to the Afc family,
    vik xx

I see you have met iron....sorry for duplicate link.....
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    vixtay wrote: »
    Hey there...
    My son started at afc in september hes there too....Royal Signals Cambrai
    Heres a fab site of where all the parents are.....
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=136790/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=1420.html

Welcome to the Afc family,
    vik xx

I see you have met iron....sorry for duplicate link.....

What trade?
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • strong96
    strong96 Posts: 127 Forumite
    my son goes off to catterick in feb, does his 6mths training joins his btln and end of year off to afghan, hubby is in different btln and off to afghan end of year so for 6 months i'll have hubby and son in afghan oh what joys.
  • little-lou-pink
    little-lou-pink Posts: 126 Forumite
    edited 30 January 2010 at 1:47PM
    Just to let you all know who have followed my blog here. My son is now in Cyprus he went a few weeks ago got stuck in Lineham because of snow but eventally arrived in sunny cyprus.
    He has rang me twice so far chatted on facebook and is having a ball. He has just has his 18th birthday out there and was going for a meal to celebrate when I spoke to him
    . He is getting a holiday to come home at the end of April , it will be great to see him.
    I am hoping to save up and go see him it will take me till 2011 at least, but I've found a cheap villa that includes a car rental that is near to where he is staying so I'll book that soon. They only want £50 deposit now so that a help.
    I just need to know where to get cheap flight from any idea? For one adult (me) and a will be then 14 year old.
    It will be awkward for me as I already live on an island (the isle of lewis) so I would have to fly to the mainland 1st, or ferry n bus/train then fly to Cyprus. I have choice of flying to Inverness, Edinburgh or Glasgow from Isle of Lewis but there is always option of going to another airport but that would make journey longer.
    Any idea folks of where to look for cheap flights and is it possible to book for 2011 so soon?
    thanks for helping me so far.
    wanting to win a wedding :p:p

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family