RBS £150 current account switch

Options
Looks like RBS are offering £150 to switch current account I don't think any direct debits are needed but need to check

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Options
    You don't need DDs

You do need to deposit £1500 into the new account and have to login in to internet or mobile banking to be eligible.

Exact same switch t&cs as the NatWest offer.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • AliceBanned
    AliceBanned Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I applied to switch yesterday and seem to have been approved but tried the last NatWest one and heard nothing further!
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    If you have had the NatWest switching bonus does that prevent you from getting the rbs switching bonus?
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    If you have had the NatWest switching bonus does that prevent you from getting the rbs switching bonus?
    You cannot get both switch incentives sadly...
    If you have previously taken part in any cashback offer to switch to Royal Bank (including from NatWest) since October 2017, you won't be eligible for this offer.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Switch offer terms (downloads a PDF): https://personal.rbs.co.uk/content/dam/royal_bank_of_scotland/personal/current-accounts/documents/Royal-Bank-Switcher-Terms.pdf

Bad news for those who switched to Natwest before - If you have previously taken part in any cashback offer to switch to Royal Bank (including from NatWest) since October 2017, you won't be eligible for this offer
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,720 Forumite
    Options
    It's standard for NatWest/RBS to exclude you from their incentives if you've previously had one from their sister bank, otherwise from what I've seen there are no DD requirements so might as well take advantage of it if you have a RBS account already.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Ok thanks for the replies that is bad news for me as I have already taken advantage of the NatWest offer
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,720 Forumite
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the replies that is bad news for me as I have already taken advantage of the NatWest offer

It's equivalent to the current NatWest offer and it's only slightly more generous than the previous incentive (£150 compared to £125) however so I wouldn't stress too much.
  • Felicity10
    Options
    I switched last year from First Direct to Barclays. Am I allied to switch again this year from Barclays to Nat West in order to get the £150?
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    Felicity10 wrote: »
    I switched last year from First Direct to Barclays. Am I allied to switch again this year from Barclays to Nat West in order to get the £150?

If there is nothing in the T&Cs for Barclays stating the you need to keep the account open for a minimum term then you are allowed to switch - although if you are taking advantage of the double Blue Rewards, it might be worth waiting until the bonus period is up before switching in order to maximise the benefits
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure