On my way to a better place...

Options

Comments

• Better_place
    Options
    Hi Aaleigha et all
    My back feels a little easier today, took some ibuprofen last night, didn't get to sleep until 2am but did sleep through to 8am. Went to WW and maintained this week so nothing off but nothing on either :j I'll take that.
    Put some washing out earlier ad there was beautiful sunshine but now it's gone all overcast :(
    DD gone into town with her friend. OH at work. I'm in the warm with a cuppa :T
    Had an email from wescot yesterday informing me my offer is too high and I should be paying them £1 a month until things improve for me. I really don't get it with these debt collectors, some want your last penny and yet others seem to he more understanding. Just waiting on Robinson way now - I wonder what stance they'll take.
  • Better_place
    Options
    I've decided that along with my new found passion for taking control of things that I must write lists to stay on track. I am here because I can't tell the difference between a need and a want and it's not until something happens and suddenly you've not got enough for it all that I realised this, and so I am putting pen to paper this afternoon to get things in order. I am setting my goals for the New year. I have read that many of you set up savings pots or have envelopes for things. I am going to do this too and account for every penny. 2019 here I come.
  • Really interested to follow your self managed DMP because it’s something I’m considering myself!! You seem so determined so I’m sure you’ll give me the kick up the bum I need to get myself in line!! :)
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am a big fan of setting money goals so good luck with that!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Better_place
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you all for stopping by, I appreciate your support. I read your journeys too and will definitely be popping by to encourage and support you all.
    I've made my lists and created a spreadsheet which has everything on it and I've allocated money to each bit. This will take effect from 18 January when I get paid. To me it will seem like I have no cash on 19 January but in effect I'll have money for everything - just a change of perspective needed :D
    I must get on with some housework now :question:
  • Better_place
    Options
    Happy new year to you all.
    Quiet night in for me and the family, I'm happy with that. Just thinking now about what other changes I can make to ensure 2019 is gonna be a better year...
    I'm sorting the money situation; going to WW to manage the weight. I've always wanted a carer in caring for others but have never done anything about it because my current job is better paid but I'm not sure I'm getting job satisfaction doing what I'm doing. My current job is office based. I can't change jobs now really not while I owe money.
    Taking it easy new year's day, just cooking a roast and then going for a walk weather permitting.
  • Better_place
    Options
    Back to work today, wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, glad that first day back is over though.
    Tomorrow lunchtime i will be finalising all debt related matters. And I must take the decs down when I get home. I say decs but is really only the tree and a couple of bits here and there. :o
  • Better_place
    Options
    Much to do today, a few bits of shopping and then I said I'd help DD sort her bedroom out so we can make some more space in there. It's not the biggest of rooms so every bit of extra space will help.
    Setting up standing orders for my SM payments. It all seems a bit real now! :)
    Got all the washing done yesterday.
    I am hoping to get out for a walk later as well, it's quite mild here at the moment.
  • Better_place
    Options
    Busy day today, moved bits about in the kitchen and gave it all a good clean.
    Helped DD do her room and she is just now hoovering and tidying up, up there.
    Treated myself to a mattress topper today as I never seem to get a good sleep anymore and am always starting the day with aches and pains.
    Off for a shower soon and hopefully a good night's sleep.
  • Better_place
    Options
    I've had a rough couple of days at work, I work with someone who can be very rude and snappy and she's not easy to deal with. Just makes the day longer when there's a constant atmosphere.
    I'm in bed early tonight, feeling a bit done in.
    Still no news from my last two creditors- no doubt they'll be in touch soon.
    Day off tomorrow, I'm off to an appointment with my sister, she has recently been diagnosed with Autism. I am her only family and so it's been tough but hopefully tomorrow will shed some light on other support available for her.
    Self managed starts next Friday, looking forward to that :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport