My journey to a debt free life

Comments

• Hmmmmmm holiday to Spain and wine sound good :j

Yes that sounds like just what the doctor ordered :D.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Yes that sounds like just what the doctor ordered :D.

I can stretch my finances for the wine but think the holiday to Spain might have to wait :rotfl:
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Today was a busy day after I got off to a slow start this morning,I had a nice lie in then a leisurely breakfast followed by walking the dog

Then I cleaned and tidied the kitchen and did a load of washing, but the time I had done that it was time to meet my friend for lunch
    I took some items from the spare room and dropped them off at the clothes bank on my way,so that's another few bits got rid of,Im slowly emptying the room bit by bit

We had lunch in our local pub which is a cheap chain and very good value for money,we also met another friend who has recently lost her husband,we all work together and it's the first time we have seen her since it happened,it was her first time out to see friends too,it was lovely to see her and have a catch up and she brought her little granddaughter who was sooooo cute,it's a shame I didn't have DGS today because he would have had a little playmate,she was ever so well behaved

I then came home and cleaned my bedroom,my dolls house had mould all over the inside so I had to give that a good clean and it's looking like new again,I haven't worked on it for a long time so really need to do a bit more,I've added some bits to my wish list on the dolls house suppliers website that I go on and my DD is going to get me a couple of bits for Xmas

I've been leaving my bedroom window open just slightly and it is making a difference to my room,I had it wide open while I was at home today to let some air blow through, it was a lovely day here today so I had all my windows open this afternoon for an hour to air the house

After finishing the bedroom it was late so I had to take the dog out for her evening walk but was feeling very dozy,the walk woke me up though so when I got back polished downstairs and hoovered all through the house,I won't have to do it before work tomorrow now
    I also managed to let the chickens out in the garden when I got back from lunch and gave them a quick clean out too

I've got another load of washing on now that will need hanging up when it's finished then I'm all caught up on my jobs,DD was doing the ironing when I got home last night so I've only got today's washing to iron once it's dry

I'm now chilling out on here and catching up with the diaries

I'm on a late tomorrow so can have a lie in,I don't have toleave until 11am,I'm going to walk down to the train station and get the bus from there,this means I don't have to change buses as this one goes direct,so I can get comfy and read my book
  • You've had a busy day OBL, it's made me tired just reading about it :eek:.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • You're putting me to shame all that stuff achieved!
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • You've had a busy day OBL, it's made me tired just reading about it :eek:.
    It was lovely to get up this morning and not have to do anything 😄I thought I would sleep well last night but I kept having weird dreams and waking up 😟
  • Nicnak wrote: »
    You're putting me to shame all that stuff achieved!
    😂 it's highly unusual for me to get that much done,I don't normally have the energy and besides that I don't have a small child to take care of 😀
  • Well I thought I would sleep well last night but nope I tossed and turned all night,I was too hot for a start and kept having weird dreams ��

I'm just having breakfast then the dog needs walking and that's it until I leave for work at 11,I'm hoping work has calmed down but I doubt it,at least the shift will go by quickly

I am pleased to report that leaving my window open seems to be doing the trick in my bedroom as there was no condensation on my window this morning and the room felt lovely and fresh,it's only on the latch but it seems to help,I did have to get up at one point because I could hear a funny shuffling noise and it sounded like something at the window but it was the leaves dropping from the trees outside��
  • Maybe we should try leaving our window open at night as it's so mild at the moment.

I hope you have a quiet day at work!
  • Maybe we should try leaving our window open at night as it's so mild at the moment.

I hope you have a quiet day at work![/QUOTE

Give it a go Hairy,I literally have it on the latch so only open a crack,I did open it properly while I was at home as well because it was so mild and I didn't have any heating on,I've been doing it with all my windows now 😄

Sadly work was not quiet and was a bit stressful but I'm home now and off tomorrow so don't have to think about it until Friday :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback