<<<out of cheese error>>>

Comments

• MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Glad you had a better night. It is, and not a moment too soon. Everyone is flagging, which is quite unusual with such a short half-term.

Apart from stacking the DW and playing with laundry, I'm writing an application for OH and looking at an essay for a tutee I'll be working with tomorrow. If I can stay awake long enough to do any of the above.
  • It sounds like your present project has been a bit stressful for you. Projects can overrun and turn into a bit of a nightmare sometimes. I expect you'll be glad when it's finished.

Hope you sleep better again tonight. I suffer from over active mind syndrome at night sometimes :(.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Your project sounds tough.

Wishing you a good night's sleep :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Definitely charge more. You know you're in demand, so charge consultancy rates, tell them what they should be doing and how to do it, provide some oversight, but make them do the work themselves.

I'm shattered, but my brain has got into writing mode. I'm torn between trying to shut it up and going to bed, and finding a bottle of wine and staying up until I've written everything I can!

No work meetings tomorrow - but I do have a 9am pilates class and a 4.30pm singing lesson. And MUST go for a run at some point. Thursday I need to get up early and try to get into the office before rush hour starts now I know the way as I have a 10am meeting with my boss and need to see HR, IT and various other people before I go out to see clients in the afternoon.

And the sewage treatment plant is playing up. We noticed yesterday, and thought we'd fixed it, but today it won't play ball... so neighbours have been informed to minimise what goes down the drains until the engineer arrives - it appears to be an electrical fault. Must get non-return valves fitted to my drains!
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Insomnia is vile - I've never suffered until a few years ago when the anaemia kicked in and apparently this is a really common side effect - now that's fixed thank goodness I'm back to dropping off fairly easily most of the time - I'd not realised until it stopped how bad it was!

As for the work thing you need to strike a balance between charging what you know you're worth an finding a level you're comfortable with charging - but it certainly sounds like the balance is wrong at the moment.

Greenbee hope your sewage behaves itself! :eek:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Insomnia is a very common symptom of anaemia, along with restless legs, tinnitus, sores at the corners of your mouth, difficulty swallowing, reflux and headaches.

Thinking about it... I think I might need another blood test. Insomnia, restless legs and swallowing are all making themselves felt. No tinnitus thankfully!

Engineer has been and apparently everything is working. No idea what the fault was (which isn't helpful). Fingers crossed it keeps working as I want to go for a run then have a shower and do some laundry.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 February 2018 at 3:26PM
    Great to see some of the lost diaries are back, hope they sort them all.

Cold and tired and sore so very little movement done. Twitchy left eyelid although the headache has finally gone away, hurrah.

Done:
    • rang current car insurers who promptly beat the price I'd found elsewhere so that saves having to prove no claims etc.
    • raised a formal complaint with B of T as they still haven't refunded the charges. I'd move elsewhere during cancellation period but am not risking no broadband again.
    • Chased Vf who still haven't responded to the complaint, Revolver says give them 14 days
    • Searched everywhere for missing V5, someone has been rummaging as there are a few things not in the right place in the key documents box. v annoying. Filled in a printed form instead as you can't SORN without renewal reminder (haven't had) or V5.
    • Filled in DS2s options form which he kindly told me had to be in by today on the way to school so I need to go early and drop that off
    • Re-arranged tomorrows driving meeting to next week which should help with the tiredness

ETA also established that our library does the 'press reader'app which gives access to all sorts of wonderful publications for free. I've flicked through some virtual magazines on the sofa and established that I am right not to waste money on them in the future. Must take ipad on school run to see if I can read the downloaded ones off line.
  • Great to see some of the lost diaries are back, hope they sort them all.

[*]Filled in DS2s options form which he kindly told me had to be in by today on the way to school so I need to go early and drop that off

It's great about the diaries reappearing :beer:

Kids :eek:

I hope you feel a bit better soon Redo.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    greenbee wrote: »
    Insomnia is a very common symptom of anaemia, along with restless legs, tinnitus, sores at the corners of your mouth, difficulty swallowing, reflux and headaches.

Thinking about it... I think I might need another blood test. Insomnia, restless legs and swallowing are all making themselves felt. No tinnitus thankfully!

Engineer has been and apparently everything is working. No idea what the fault was (which isn't helpful). Fingers crossed it keeps working as I want to go for a run then have a shower and do some laundry.

Get yourself tested Greenbee! RLS is something I've had for years but yes, was also at an all time high pre my visit to the vampires stores. :D

Good work on your list of "done" stuff Redo - but pah to twitchy eyelids - such a horrible feeling isn't it! As for DS2 - bless him. Or something... :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • I was tempted to put random things on his form but I am not that mean. I just hope I remembered correctly what he said in the car, 'fibrofog' is a real issue at the moment. Keep finding myself in rooms with no idea of why I am there. I need to write a couple of settlement agreements tomorrow which could be interesting, really need the lights to be switched on for that.

Fluffster has stolen my dressing gown again as he crawled in to sleep round the back of me, he is still struggling to shake off the latest attack from the nasty Tom despite antibiotics and pain killers. He's clearly a bit crap at fighting, and his long hair is a disadvantage. The girls just sit back and watch him getting thumped or they squeal and run away. OH says I need a new boy kitten with a big stick and fighting paws but I am ignoring him :cool:

jacket potatoes, peas and the leftover beef stew for dinner, was very nice and minimal effort.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback