Solarplicity: Add your feedback

Comments

• Lucaz, Well Done You for kicking off a complaint to the ombudsman.:T
    I've switched to a small company called Tonik Energy : My online account was set up right away, and Tonik ARE signed up to the Energy Switch Guarantee Scheme.
    Meanwhile, I'm still awaiting my final Electricity Bill from Solarplicity some 5 weeks after leaving. Both my Gas & Electricity accounts are hugely in credit, yet they are still taking DDs from my bank.
    Solarplicity are a bunch of crooks and I wouldn't be surprised to see them end up in administration pretty soon.
  • I switched to Solarplicity in June and this has been a nightmare. They recorded my opening gas reading wrong (by about £2300 worth) and sent this reading to my previous supplier. It's about 10 weeks since I reported this to them and they appear to have done NOTHING to fix it. They claim to have opened a dispute with my previous supplier but that was 8 weeks ago, and they never answer emails. It's making me ill.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I switched to Solarplicity in June and this has been a nightmare. They recorded my opening gas reading wrong (by about £2300 worth) and sent this reading to my previous supplier. It's about 10 weeks since I reported this to them and they appear to have done NOTHING to fix it. They claim to have opened a dispute with my previous supplier but that was 8 weeks ago, and they never answer emails. It's making me ill.

You need to raise a formal complaint, in writing (including the word 'COMPLAINT' in bold. Outline the problem, and what you want them to do about it (I know you will have already told them this by email, but this is for the complaints team).

As it's been over 8 weeks since you notified them already, I believe you can go straight to the ombudsman, but I'd suggest giving them another 2 weeks from the date of the letter to resolve the issue before you take it further.
    If it's not resolved by then, go straight to the ombudsman and let them handle it from there.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • I was a customer of LoCO2 which merged with Solarplicity. With LoCO2, things went smoothly.Since the merger, communication has become very difficult. Starting in September 2017, I had a prolonged exchange with the Solarplicity helpdesk to deal with a minor issue of incorrect readings by the meter reader (the low and normal meters were mixed up by the meter reader), and I had never had an answer to an email, or any follow-up, until I phoned Solarplicity (which can involve a long wait due to "unusually high call volume").

After my negative remarks on Trustpilot and on the Solarplicity Facebook page, the billing issue was finally resolved on 13 November. I then requested a refund of part of my credit balance which had reached more than £250. Nothing happened. I launched a formal complaint on 29 November and received an email on 13 December from the "Complaints Manager" asking for new meter readings. I sent the meter readings back the same day, but nothing happened and further reminders about my complaint have gone unanswered.

I fear it's a bad sign when a supplier can't deal quickly with what should be a routine request for a credit balance refund. It's too soon to transfer my formal complaint to the Energy Ombudsman, for which I must wait until 8 weeks from the date of the complaint. So I just have to wait, though I fear that something is badly wrong at this company and it may not stay in business long enough to refund my money. I would switch to another supplier, but I fear that this will just add to my problems with Solarplicity.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I was a customer of LoCO2 which merged with Solarplicity. With LoCO2, things went smoothly.Since the merger, communication has become very difficult. Starting in September 2017, I had a prolonged exchange with the Solarplicity helpdesk to deal with a minor issue of incorrect readings by the meter reader (the low and normal meters were mixed up by the meter reader), and I had never had an answer to an email, or any follow-up, until I phoned Solarplicity (which can involve a long wait due to "unusually high call volume").

After my negative remarks on Trustpilot and on the Solarplicity Facebook page, the billing issue was finally resolved on 13 November. I then requested a refund of part of my credit balance which had reached more than £250. Nothing happened. I launched a formal complaint on 29 November and received an email on 13 December from the "Complaints Manager" asking for new meter readings. I sent the meter readings back the same day, but nothing happened and further reminders about my complaint have gone unanswered.

I fear it's a bad sign when a supplier can't deal quickly with what should be a routine request for a credit balance refund. It's too soon to transfer my formal complaint to the Energy Ombudsman, for which I must wait until 8 weeks from the date of the complaint. So I just have to wait, though I fear that something is badly wrong at this company and it may not stay in business long enough to refund my money. I would switch to another supplier, but I fear that this will just add to my problems with Solarplicity.

Welcome to the forum. Worry not - your credit balance is now fully protected under Ofgem’s Supplier of Last Resort procedures. It is worth remembering that many suppliers today use grandiose terms like ‘billing’, ‘transfer’ and ‘complaints’ departments but, in truth, they are little more than a person with a laptop with a few helpers. When GBEnergy went bust it had only 25 staff and nearly 200k customers.
  • ....I would switch to another supplier, but I fear that this will just add to my problems with Solarplicity.

That's right, better the devil you know.

Stick with them. You know you are on a really good deal.

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:
  • thelight
    thelight Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I was a customer of LoCO2 which merged with Solarplicity. With LoCO2, things went smoothly.Since the merger, communication has become very difficult. Starting in September 2017, I had a prolonged exchange with the Solarplicity helpdesk to deal with a minor issue of incorrect readings by the meter reader (the low and normal meters were mixed up by the meter reader), and I had never had an answer to an email, or any follow-up, until I phoned Solarplicity (which can involve a long wait due to "unusually high call volume").

You may find that they reply a few days before the 8 week deadline...this is what just happened to me. Feels like poor customer service as my request must have taken them 10 seconds to check.
  • tranferred gas & electric to solarplicity

gas transfer was OK but my electric account has disappeared from my online account during the transfer process so Im currently not getting charged for electricity use as my old supplier has closed my old account

Be interesting to see how long it takes them to realise their mistake as I believe there is some sort of 1 year back billing rule - Im obviously still taking regular readings for use when they eventually fix the issue

their new online portal seems quite buggy as bill generation also seems to be an issue
  • johnbenallen
    johnbenallen Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 16 January 2018 at 1:54PM
    After messaging them via Facebook yesterday (28 December), I just received an email from Solarplicity!

"A refund request of £200.00 was requested yesterday and will take 10 to 15 working days to clear back into your account"

Three weeks to transfer the refund! But still, this counts as progress.

UPDATE: the refund was credited to my bank account on 15 January, which makes it about 10 working days.
  • I think it would be wise to be wary of them The smallprint at the bottom of their website shows them to be a subsidiary of a Finance Company (looks like it was set up to sell solar panels via agents). With this background I think I will wait for a longer track record.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure