SkyQ with Netflix

Hi

We've got Sky TV (not broadband and not SkyQ; we have broadband with BT) with everything except movies. We pay £85 per month. This includes 2 boxes so that we can watch different programmes in two different rooms.

A Sky representative in a booth at our local shopping centre offered to reduce that to £77 per month which would include an upgrade to Sky Q with VIP. He said this would also include Netflix.

I was considering getting Netflix a few weeks ago, which would've cost about £7 per month so I like the idea of getting that included with the reduced cost sky package.

My question is, has anyone got a better SkyQ deal and do you know whether the Netflix with SkyQ already includes the subscription cost or if I'd end up paying on top of that?

Thanks
The reason people don't move right down inside the carriage is that there's nothing to hold onto when you're in the middle.

Comments

• On top..........
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,414 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    OP, if you want Sky content but aren't bothered about HD quality, might be worth looking at Now TV. You can subscribe and watch on up to 4 devices on the same subscription. Entertainment is about £8 a month, Movies is £10 a month, and all Sports is £32 a month. You can usually get reduced price deals as well. Even if you got all 3 passes that would be only £50 a month. Although not HD I find watching most content is satisfactory even football. You're on a monthly contract rather than 12 months, so can chop and change if you want to cancel one or more elements. Entertainment and movies are available for streaming and catch up so no recording required. Sport is streamed live. If you have decent BB then you should find it okay. If you've not had it before, try their 14 day free trial. Could save you a packet - most Now TV boxes come with free passes so are fairly cheap, or if you have a PS4 or Smart TV you can watch through that.
    P.S. I don't have any vested interest in Now TV, but I am a subscriber to movies and entertainment.
  • ...A Sky representative in a booth at our local shopping centre offered to reduce that to £77 per month which would include an upgrade to Sky Q with VIP. He said this would also include Netflix...

VIP status just indicates how long you've been with Sky and (depending on your circumstances) mean that you get a free DVD plus you can stream it through your box.

Netflix can be included as one of the add-on packages like HD (yes, they still charge extra for HD :mad: ) or Kids. It comes as a package with Boxsets for a full price of an additional £10 a month so whether it's a good deal or not depends entirely on what you would be getting.

tHE sKY RETENTIONS THREAD IS HERE:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75478197
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family