Terms and Conditions?

Just wondering what - if anything - any business sellers have put in their terms and conditions for their Ebay listings? Is it necessary to augment the returns/payment/shipping information that you have to input in order to create the listing?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Gen2k1 wrote: »
    Just wondering what - if anything - any business sellers have put in their terms and conditions for their Ebay listings? Is it necessary to augment the returns/payment/shipping information that you have to input in order to create the listing?

I have nothing apart from the standard pre filled boxes about returns , I can't see what else a seller needs to say really.

My return policy which is picked up automatically in the appropriate section on my listings just states the need for buyer to pay return costs for a change of mind return, the rest of it is as per ebay and UK legal requirements.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Gen2k1 wrote: »

Don't waste the skin on your typing fingers. Any such terms are totally meaningless to ebay and paypal. Most buyers know that.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How to scare buyers away? Adding uneeded or worse wrong information.

Nothing worse than terms and conditions that go against ebays terms.

Always thought that dodgy terms and conditions attracts the dodgy customers. Those that know ebays rules and howto manipulate them.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure