Shop & Scan

Comments

• SSUPER
    SSUPER Posts: 37 Forumite
    Hi. Many thanks for replies. I thought they were doubting what I had scanned. I guess not.
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,421 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    SSUPER wrote: »
    Hi. Many thanks for replies. I thought they were doubting what I had scanned. I guess not.

I am not sure why they ask for this but it can be the most random things that you buy.
  • I've been asked to give extra details/photos twice recently, first was a candle bought in Poundland, second was a Christmas card from Poundstretcher. The points don't come through straight away but they did appear a couple of weeks later, you get the usual email notification when they're added.
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I am not sure why they ask for this but it can be the most random things that you buy.

As I understand it they have lists of barcodes for items per shop ect so if a new barcode from a shop is supplied from us that they do not have by us supplying it they can then add it to their lists.
    One I had a request for some years back was for a product I bought from one of the big supermarkets but when zapping I zapped against another one by mistake.I sent the requested details {including photos of the packet and the code} was given the extra points and had an email letting me know that what I had transmitted was a mistake.:o
  • Is it possible to upload barcodes on an iPad please,or does the new system not require that any longer
  • paul2louise
    What does this mean
    An error occurred when posting to CTWS. The remote name could not be resolved: 'kantarctws.grpitsrv.com
  • TB1987
    TB1987 Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi all,

Has anyone else stopped getting the monthly newsletter from them? The one where it announced the winners of the prize draw, gave a puzzle to do etc?

I haven’t had one for ages and just wondered if they had stopped them?

Thanks!
  • paul2louise
    Now you mention it I can't remember getting one either for a while
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,199 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Now you mention it I can't remember getting one either for a while

Probably my fault, I ignored & never read them
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • paul2louise
    Has anyone has email like this. Just wondering if the clicker has a timeout. Say if you get interrupted during scanning. I never just scan the barcodes. Might miss price paid but always person and shop. I phoned them and got a vague reply "just try and pay attention when you are scanning". I said I do. But I might need to put fridge and freezer items away before I scan cupboard items. And what happens if I need the loo. They couldn't answer my question.

"Thank you for your contribution to our ShopandScan panel, it really is appreciated.
    We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for scanning the barcodes of all of the items that have been purchased for your household.
    However, we have noticed that when recording some of the shopping trips you have made, you have not scanned the coloured pages that tell us who made the trip, which shop they visited, and how much was spent in total."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback