Morrison More Breach - It's all the customer's fault!

Comments

• In my local I have seen the cashier not give my £5 more voucher. from a far I saw her put it in her pocket after a few minutes when there was no customers. How do I go about reporting this. I would want to remain anonymous as its my local store and I cant shop anywhere else.
    Im not too fussed with it being £5 but someone out there may be in need of them.

I would report it to the store manager.

I've just checked my points - for several minutes it showed my balance was zero. A few minutes later it showed the correct balance of just over 6,000 but failed to display any of my many recent transactions since October.

Like the OP, I have had to chase up bonus points not being added in the past.

It sounds like their computer is having another hissy fit yet again.
  • I have notice 80,000 points had been taken from my Morrisons more card a couple of weeks ago. I contacted Morrisons via email stating the fact only to receive a reply stating that I'd purchased 2 gift cards. This I'd not done. Telephoned them and got it sorted straight away. Having to receive a new card. Changed password also. The gift cards were purchased over 100 miles away from my home town. This I was told on the telephone which should have be checked when I'd emailed them, they won't of have noticed that it wasn't me. Disappointed that I had to ring regarding this but grateful that it is sorted and that I've now got my points back which I've earned. Please check your points total every time. Keep an eye on them in case it happens to you.
  • I have just had £60 worth of points stolen. Account history shows that the points were credited to a phone and cashed in for goods. My Nokia 100 cannot have received this voucher! This happened on the same day that I visited my usual local store. The offshore operator on Morrisons 1st line helpdesk said to check for my email address on youvebeenpawned.com and that I should report it to ActionFraud and that there is nothing that Morrisons can do. He also stated that they were getting alot of these calls. I insisted on speaking to a manager/supervisor and was put through to someone in the UK who investigated properly and is going to call me back. I will post an update here if I get any further useful information.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I've got about £60 worth of nectar points, but with Tesco & Morrisons I save the vouchers, and keep them in date order. I think with Morrison I've got about seventeen £5.00 coupons.

I wouldn't trust using my smart-phone for it - too vulnerable to interception of wifi. I use wired PC for my internet transactions.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Gary9960
    Gary9960 Posts: 8 Forumite
    My More account was hacked and the thieves stole £65 from my account I had been saving the points for Xmas as money is very tight. It took customer services over 3 weeks to respond to my anxious e mails and then they said yes the money was stolen, nothing to do with us and you will not be reimbursed. Warning do not use their MORE card. Appalling I will never again spend my money there
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've used the card since it came out with no problems. Why didn't you just collect the vouchers and save them 'til xmas?
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Gary9960 - have you got your Morrisons card on your iPhone? There's your weak link, I suspect someone else has hijacked your link.

I have a regular turnover of vouchers, probably at the moment - seventeen with conditional spend coupons for the next month.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Joolsem
    Joolsem Posts: 2 Newbie
    21st May 2019 I had £30 of more points stolen. My vouchers were spent in Ft.William which is round trip of over 1000 miles from where I live. I only had the app for a short while, as I didn't like it much. I also had Tesco's clubcard app which at the time had same email & passw
  • Joolsem
    Joolsem Posts: 2 Newbie
    Can't seem to edit post sorry! Anyway my clubcard points had not been touched and if I had been hacked surely they would have wiped them out too? What really upset me was that fact that I still had over 5000 points not stolen on my card and they would not transfer them to a new card. I only tried the app because they keep asking you to. I saved my vouchers online because I thought they were safe and it stopped me from dipping into them when we have a tight week. I think this all stinks and as others of you have said I will never shop in Morrisons again!!
  • Gary9960
    Gary9960 Posts: 8 Forumite
    I had been saving up my points on the More card for over a year. My account was hacked and £65 was stolen. Morrisons took weeks to respond to anxious calls and e mails. Then they said my e mail account had been hacked so nothing to do with them and the money was lost. I pointed out even if my e mails were hacked the More card had a seperate log in password etc so how did they get into this? They just ignored me. I am disabled and this is a lot of money to me but they could not care less. The good news is the Express are going to do a feature on this to warn other people. I will never set foot in Morrisons again
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback