Debenhams Store Card - PPI Claim

Comments

• Stop using Resolver and stop making claims.

Send a complaint directly to Santander.

OK, thanks for your direct response. At the risk of making myself look even more vague, is there any template for making a complaint as opposed to a claim? (that was one of the reasons for using Resolver in the first place). Thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Templates here.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#resolver

But better to simply write your own letter with your complaint reasons.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lesleyp118 wrote: »
    OK, thanks for your direct response. At the risk of making myself look even more vague, is there any template for making a complaint as opposed to a claim? (that was one of the reasons for using Resolver in the first place). Thank you

A claim is what you do when you have an incident that needs the policy to pay out. It implies you are owed money or you just ask for it back which is incorrect. You are complaining it was miss-sold to you, this is different as you need to show why it was miss-sold and ask them to decide if you are due a refund of the policy or not.
  • Hoping for some advice here.

I had a Debenhams store card in 1987 that had PPI. I cancelled in 2012. I don't have any statements or account numbers, sadly but I checked my Credit history and have the following:

Entry Number
    Account Start date
    Credit Limit
    Settlement date

Who do I need to approach to complain about being mis-sold PPI? It indicates that Newday Ltd were in charge but this forum suggests going direct to Santander?

Unfortunately the Resolver requires account numbers.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    GAmbrose wrote: »
    Who do I need to approach to complain about being mis-sold PPI? It indicates that Newday Ltd were in charge but this forum suggests going direct to Santander?

Santander
    https://www.fca.org.uk/ppi/contact-debenhams-store-card
  • GAmbrose
    GAmbrose Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Further to the earlier post, Santander have written to me with 4 different account numbers and all of them state 'No PPI'

What happened on the Debenhams store cared though if that it was taken out in 1987 and it had PPI on it. Eventually we realised and cancelled PPI in the mid noughties (around 2005)

So when they check the history they will see there was no PPI when the account was closed in 2012, but there was PPI that we were mis-sold and paying for many years before this.

What's my next step?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    So when they check the history they will see there was no PPI when the account was closed in 2012, but there was PPI that we were mis-sold and paying for many years before this.

What's my next step?
    Either provide your own evidence to the bank that there was PPI or you give up. Sorry.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Further to the earlier post, Santander have written to me with 4 different account numbers and all of them state 'No PPI'

What happened on the Debenhams store cared though if that it was taken out in 1987 and it had PPI on it. Eventually we realised and cancelled PPI in the mid noughties (around 2005)

What's my next step?

Cancelling the policy would trigger the 3 year time bar anyway so you wouldn't have got anywhere anyway
  • Hi there,
    Back in 2008, I started a claim against Gentworth Insurance regarding my Debenhams (taken out in 1993) and Monsoon store cards (taken out in 2001). This is because the PPI scandal was just beginning to surface. Gentworth turned down my applications and I cancelled my cards. Last week July 2020 out of the blue, I got an acknowledgement from Santander offering my £156 for returned commission on my Monsoon card. I rang Santander as It has been 12 years since my "failed" claim. I was then surprised to learn from the adviser that I had been awarded over £13,240 in March 2016. When I stated that I have never received this money the adviser hesitated and then said they had made a mistake. I am now beginning to wonder.. What shall I do? Shall I chase my claim again? Could this really be a mistake?  

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It could be.

Why not contact them and ask?  

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business