Shell loyalty card - £20 of Fuel for £10

Options

Comments

• eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

When I first kept a record in 2004 on 3 September it was 79.9 !!!!!

It was 83.9 in January 2009 - it just shows how much it has gone up, especially as it was 141.9 18 months ago.
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    Options
    eschaton wrote: »
    It was 83.9 in January 2009 - it just shows how much it has gone up, especially as it was 141.9 18 months ago.

I paid 83.9 on 1 Jan 2009 but on 9 Jan paid 82.9 After that the price started to increase, never to see those dizzy lows again!

The highest I have paid is 138.9
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • Dick_here
    Dick_here Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I give up - I still have not managed to get through to 'customer services' at MD, so good riddance to them.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 November 2013 at 2:48PM
    Options
    JDPower wrote: »
    There is no post mark on mine, just a big "Delivered by Royal Mail" postage sticker :think:

Either way, Shell's postal system (either internally or their postal provider) is not exactly efficient - as I said, mine arrived today, but the letter is dated 16/10/13! Thirty three days, with a first class postage sticker on it!

The original issue from Shell was delivered just as a 4 page folded "pamphlet" that contained a points statement, a bit of advertising, the £20 voucher and several bonus points coupons.

This logo

a5df4cac2c1aa78f4f85a25d49c3c43c.png

in monochrome was above the delivery address, to the left of the Delivered by Royal Mail indicium (ignore the "Ecomony" logo bit- that's where the Inspire one is printed)

rm-delivered-by-logo.jpg

Where this example has C1 12345, the real one is C9 10031 which leads on to ...

... I've since noticed that BETWEEN the 2 logos is the word ONEPOST (in a side-on vertical orientation) who are YET ANOTHER third party involved in the handling of this mail BEFORE it gets into the hands of the company that actually employs the person that puts it in your letterbox

C9 10031 somehow indicates it is a ONEPOST DSA (Down Stream Access) usage
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    quoia wrote: »
    The original issue from Shell was delivered just as a 4 page folded "pamphlet" that contained a points statement, a bit of advertising, the £20 voucher and several bonus points coupons.

This logo

a5df4cac2c1aa78f4f85a25d49c3c43c.png

in monochrome was above the delivery address, to the left of the Delivered by Royal Mail indicium (ignore the "Ecomony" logo bit- that's where the Inspire one is printed)

rm-delivered-by-logo.jpg

Where this example has C1 12345, the real one is C9 10031 which leads on to ...

... I've since noticed that BETWEEN the 2 logos is the word ONEPOST (in a side-on vertical orientation) who are YET ANOTHER third party involved in the handling of this mail BEFORE it gets into the hands of the company that actually employs the person that puts it in your letterbox

C9 10031 somehow indicates it is a ONEPOST DSA (Down Stream Access) usage
    None of that matches what I got lol. None of that stuff is on the envelope and it contained just the voucher and a standard "I have pleasure in enclosing you voucher" letter.

Maybe they've dumped Inspire for shoddy service (and are instead using Royal Mail first class post, but still taking a month to actually post anything)
  • merit_mark_2
    Options
    Still yet to receive my vouchers ... despite calling Shell card a couple of times. Suspect it's now a case of 'if a deal's too good to be true...' :mad: Or the vouchers are being stolen somewhere down the line? Maybe Martin can stamp his feet and get something done?
  • mcdig
    mcdig Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Finally got mine yesterday after numerous emails to Shell. Not sure if I would bother with any more offers if this is what it takes.
  • crumpetman
    Options
    Still waiting on mine, Shell are unbelievably rubbish. This is without doubt the worst loyalty card scheme I have ever used.
  • kar999
    kar999 Posts: 706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have 5000 points and used to get money off vouchers in the post regularly... but website says I've got the points but no vouchers even though it's always been my reward option.

Come on Shell ... cough up!!

Card balance: 5000 points
    Your selected reward: Money off Fuel Vouchers

Shell Drivers Club statement summary
    1st July 2013 - 30th September 2013
    Total points earned 01/07/2013 - 30/09/2013 207 points
    Fuel transactions 207 points
    Shell products 0 points
    Shell Online Shopping 0 points
    Bonus points (including double points promotions) 0 points
    Other points 0 points
    Previous Shell Drivers' Club balance 4693 points
    Total points balance 4900 points
    Points redeemed 0 points
    Balance going forward 4900 points

Your reward is £0.00 of Money off Fuel Vouchers
    If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 January 2014 at 4:29PM
    Options
    kar999 wrote: »
    I have 5000 points and used to get money off vouchers in the post regularly... but website says I've got the points but no vouchers even though it's always been my reward option.

I have loyalty points in credit (all of 143 !). However, Asda have opened a garage nearby my nearest Shell and selling petrol 4.2p cheaper.

Update: Just passed them and it has gone up 1p (at Asda) today. Luckily I filled up yesterday!
    Thank you for reading this message.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport