PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thursday 12th July 2018

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bellabella I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope that she gets well soon xx

TA I hope that all goes well with the oncology appointment today xx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Nice day here again and meant to be another scorcher here again, off to work for me but Thursday is my favourite client day at work they are all full on and very noisy but a great fun bunch.

Such a shame about the football last night but they should be very proud that they got that far :T

Bella I do hope your dd improves today and that you manage to get some rest xx

Not sure abut dinner tonight, I might do a bbq as we seem to have pork steaks and sausages hanging around the fridge, will see though.

Rosyred that one neighbour must be daft, to make all the houses go through that because he s jealous ??? :mad:

TA phone your local council and ask to be put through to social services, tell them your situation and ask for a Occupational therapy assessment, they should come to your house and advise exactly what help and aides are available to your DH (I think that's right isn't it AOD ? )

Right need to get on have good days all xx
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    TA I have corrected it, should be OT, occupational therapist assessment. Spot on redruby, they should visit to assess and you may find that the OT has some useful suggestions for various forms of assistance, both in the house and out and about.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,010 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning folks.

Although, unfortunately football isn't coming home though my DM is! :j Huge relief all round. Before then I've got a hair cut this morning. I gambled on Friday being home day and lost.

TA - my heart goes out to you and hubby. The situation you're in is awful. As for social services, that's the place to go for help, and someone at the hospital should be referring you. Ask. It's often forgotten about. It's good to hear that you've got some respite from overnight stays.

bellabella - - so sorry about your DD, I hope that treatment really helps.

I'm sending out good vibes to everyone, happy Thursday.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning friends

Thank you for starting us off Holly

Bellabella sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she improves soon

Gers hope your Mum continues to improve and can go home soon

TA hugs

Yesterday started cooler but it didn't last long, still so hot and not a sign of rain.
    Plans for today, visit mother then very little. I should do so many jobs around the house but just cannot summon the energy, everything just gets a quick wipe,need to do a deep clean and don't mention the windows.

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    TA that sounds like a good plan for eldest DGD, and also for the OT assessment xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Everything feels a little flat here today after yesterday’s football disappointment, that said am incredibly proud of how much our young players & manager achieved, also how they conducted themselves as in the past this has been somewhat woeful.
    It’s the usual food shop this morning, catch up on the washing and then over to see Lu, quelle surprise, am so sorry for the repetitive posts!

Pleased to read that your DM will be going home today Gers.
    Hope that your DD is ok Bellabella.
    Hugs for the TA’s and all with worries and cares.

Have a good day folks x
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all,

Still got this ruddy tickly cough.

Spent time with the family yesterday as it was my step-dads birthday. I bought him a cake, his favourite beer and a card and we watched the England game together.

Working a 14 hour shift today. Is it home time yet?

bellabella - I hope DD makes a speedy recovery. And so do you by the sounds of it!!
    Gers - thats good news, indeed.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Lots going on today - bellabella I hope you daughter is better soon. TA good luck with sorting everything out. When dad eventually let us involve outside services they were very good. Before that we had bought a wheelchair for him in the house.

Sorry if I've missed anyone out, my mind has gone blank.

We're now on a site at Scarborough and it feels decidedly chilly here. Never mind, it means we'll be able to go far a good walk without worrying about heatstroke for us or Ziggypup.

Apart from that I have no real news so I won't bore on.
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Sorry to hear about your daughter Bellabella, Mrs TA I agree phone social services, they came out and did an assessment on OH when he came out of hospital, as he improved we were able to send some of the stuff back, but I do still have some bits. I am pleased that your daighters BF seems to be taking on some of the things with your Granddaughters, it really is too much for them to sleep over just now, you need to rest as much as you can.

Sun came out after lunch is was as hot as ever. Its cloudy just now but I guess we will get sun later. I was up and 'at em back from Aldi at 9.15 am. smaller shop so over £10 cheaper. We have home grown fruit and veg coming on stream and we have not been eating so many hot meals, so that made a difference.

Off to friends this afternoon for tea and cake, so a light supper tonight
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport