EXPIRED: Gatehouse Bank/Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed term accounts plus £50 bonus

Comments

• Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Deneb wrote: »
    If, like me, you're only putting £1K in for the £50 bonus, the effective rate with Gatehouse/Raisin is 7% on the original deposit if it all works out. It's a relatively low risk way to make that sort of "interest" compared to other options and I think it's worth a punt for me.

Totally agree - for £1k, try Raisin and get an effective 7%. I did that last night.

I was simply suggesting that dumbdodo, who has £25-£50k to consider, might want to deal direct with the bank (or indeed another bank not on Raisin's list). They could of course do both - £1k via Raisin and the rest directly placed in the bank(s). There's no advantage to putting in more via Raisin.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Thanks for that, I've given it a go.

Hopefully the 50 bonus will come through OK - seems a bit odd you need to e-mail them to claim it, as the bonus is plastered all over the sign-up pages so they should 'know'
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 June 2018 at 12:11PM
    How soon can you send the email for the bonus?

Before my bank, (Halifax), would authorise this transfer I had to go through their fraud department first.

I deposited £1000.00 earlier and it is showing under Status as, "Ordered - pending investment". Does it need to wait until it goes to the "partner bank"?

Their info on the bonus states: -
    "How do I claim my launch bonus?

Once you've opened and funded your first savings product with one of our partner banks, please send an email to [URL="Mailto:bonus@raisin.co.uk"] bonus@raisin.co.uk[/URL], within 30 days from the email address you registered with, containing the account holder!!!8217;s name(s) with "Launch bonus" in the subject line. We will credit your bonus to your nominated bank account within 60 days of your claim.

How and when will I be paid my launch bonus?

We will credit your launch bonus to your nominated account within 60 days of you funding your first savings product. "

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    derrick wrote: »
    How soon can you send the email for the bonus?

I received confirmation of funds received by Raisin today in response to funds I sent yesterday, I forwarded that to email address you gave .....
  • derrick
    I received confirmation of funds received by Raisin today in response to funds I sent yesterday, I forwarded that to email address you gave .....

No email confirmation as of yet, but only transferred @ 1145 today. As said in my previous post it is showing in account as pending, so will see what tomorrow brings.

So you forwarded the confirmation email you received from them re fund deposit confirmation re the highlighted part of your post?

• Deneb
    Deneb Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 June 2018 at 2:55PM
    I received confirmation of funds received by Raisin today in response to funds I sent yesterday

So have I, but as mine only confirms receipt of the funds into the management company's holding account pending investment I'm waiting until it is confirmed as deposited with the partner bank's account before claiming.

"Once you've opened and funded your first savings product with one of our partner banks..."

Possibly a technicality, but I doubt it's going to make much difference to being paid the bonus within 60 days!

Edit: They don't ask for any attachments either. All they want is an email with your name in the text and having the subject "Launch Bonus".

Again, possibly slightly pedantic, but failing to comply could slow things down or cause complications.
  • derrick
    I have just received a confirmation of receipt email for my £1000.00 deposit at 1145 this morning as per my post above.

Is this the email you sent back to them with "Launch bonus" in the subject line as per their FAQ's ? Then click on Bonus information on left hand side.

My account is still showing as "Ordered - pending investment". So I am assuming I have not yet "opened and funded your first savings product with one of our partner banks"

Also from their "Launch bonus" page: - "To receive your bonus, you just need to send an email from the email address you registered with, containing the account holder’s name(s) with "Launch bonus" as the subject to [EMAIL="bonus@raisin.co.uk"]bonus@raisin.co.uk[/EMAIL], within 30 days of you funding your first fixed term deposit Once we receive your email, the £50 cash launch bonus will be credited to your nominated UK account within 60 days of you successfully funding your savings product."

• henryandmay
    henryandmay Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all,
    7% on £1000 is too good to miss.
    Here is my timeline today, might be useful and provide indication of turn around for others:

14.33 Signed up took 5 mins. You will need your NI number and at end you will be given sort code and account number to transfer your initial deposit to.

14.40 transferred £1000 from my halifax bank account via fastener payment to raisin.

15.12 email received confirming receipt of my £1000 deposit.

15.14 email sent to ask for my 50 squid bonus.

Anyone know if you can deposit more into the account at 2% or is it fixed and no more money in?
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If, like me, you're only putting £1K in for the £50 bonus, the effective rate with Gatehouse/Raisin is 7% on the original deposit if it all works out. It's a relatively low risk way to make that sort of "interest" compared to other options and I think it's worth a punt for me.

I did the same as you and transferred £1000 yesterday. I then sent off the "claim bonus" e-mail and received this acknowledgement almost immediately.

Thank you for your email, we have received your message and a support ticket with the "Launch Bonus" has been sent to our customer services team.

We reply to all tickets as soon as possible, within 24 to 48 hours. If we expect your ticket will take additional time, we will update you by sending you an email.

Ticket tracking ID.........

You will receive an email notification when our staff replies to your ticket.

Sincerely,

Raisin customer service team
    http://www.raisin.co.uk/

Today I received another e-mail

Dear....

We confirm the receipt of £1,000.00 which has been deposited into your Account.

So far, so good.....
  • triplea35
    triplea35 Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thx to the OP. Also read about it in The Mail Online. Applied for my wife and I over the weekend and all looking good so today got my son to apply also.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure