Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Comments

• tripleh_2
    tripleh_2 Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My daughter was delayed for over 12 hours, from Birmingham to Rhodes in 2011 but put in a hotel at Birmingham airport. The flight operator was Olympic and the carrier was Sky Wings, which I believe was bought by a foreign company. Do you thik she has a claim and who should she make her complaint to? Appreciate any help. Thank you
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tripleh wrote: »
    My daughter was delayed for over 12 hours, from Birmingham to Rhodes in 2011 but put in a hotel at Birmingham airport. The flight operator was Olympic and the carrier was Sky Wings, which I believe was bought by a foreign company. Do you thik she has a claim and who should she make her complaint to? Appreciate any help. Thank you

Given it now appears to be a Greco-Ukrainian company, with no presence in the UK, I think the chances of getting compensation are very slim to none.
  • CompBunny
    CompBunny Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    Does anyone have a UK address for Small Planet please?

Is it correct that if they don't have a UK correspondence address then a compensation claim would have to be taken up via the EU small claims court following rejection/being ignored by the airline?
    GC2012: Nov £130.52/£125
    GC2011:Sept:£215
    Oct:£123.98Nov:£120Dec:£138Feb:£94.72

Quit smoking 10am 17/02/11 - £4315 saved as of Nov'12

Engaged to my best friend 08/2012:heart2:

• pretzelnut
    pretzelnut Posts: 4,301 Forumite
    arch how do i get the flight delay checker thing to work. I have been trying for 2 weeks.

I just cant figure it out. Do i need to register an account to be able to go back over 3 years to track my delayed flight as i no longer hold any flights details just the dates from the stamp in my passport.
    :TIs thankful to those who have shared their :T
    :T fortune with those less fortunate :T
    :T than themselves - you know who you are!
    :T
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    pretzelnut wrote: »
    arch how do i get the flight delay checker thing to work. I have been trying for 2 weeks.

I just cant figure it out. Do i need to register an account to be able to go back over 3 years to track my delayed flight as i no longer hold any flights details just the dates from the stamp in my passport.

from the FAQs
    Flight Stats Check your delay length time (you may have to register)
  • pretzelnut
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    from the FAQs
    Flight Stats Check your delay length time (you may have to register)

Im struggling to find our flight.

We flew back from Turkey (DLM)on the 15th May 2011 to MAN. Our flight was delayed by 5 hours. The reason given at the tie was that the ash cloud had caused problems in the UK and we couldn't fly till the plane arrived from the UK and the flight had been turned around, ready for our departure.

They knew this before they collected us from our hotel, yet they preceded to pick us all up and once we arrived at the check in desk and was about to go through security the reps handed us a piece of paper stating the situation and then conveniently disappeared. As once past security we couldn't turn back and they couldn't come into help. We were left with No further info, we just had to wait.

There was 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant. My 5 month old loved her complimentary KFC however.

I have no paperwork or flight numbers etc as it was a while ago and i didn't think i needed to keep them :o
  • Vauban
    There are two TC flights (only) for that day, and both are showing on time.
  • pretzelnut
    Vauban wrote: »
    There are two TC flights (only) for that day, and both are showing on time.

Its ok I'm being dumb (happens a lot these days) we checked out on the 15th, went through security on the 15th but our flight was due to leave till 1am ish on the 16th.

I think. I shall have to ask the ex as he has a better memory than I do.

Ive just checked this date found what i believe may be our flight and the status is UNKNOWN.
  • Vauban
    pretzelnut wrote: »
    Its ok I'm being dumb (happens a lot these days) we checked out on the 15th, went through security on the 15th but our flight was due to leave till 1am ish on the 16th.

I think. I shall have to ask the ex as he has a better memory than I do.

Ive just checked this date found what i believe may be our flight and the status is UNKNOWN.

You're welcome.
  • morgana
    morgana Posts: 123 Forumite
    I sent in a claim over a week ago to Thos Cook for a 23 hour delay from Calgary to Manchester in Sept 2011 due to a technical fault. Should I have had an acknowledgement from them ?

M
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure