Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• MSE recommend you quote the booking reference in its template letter. My claim is for a 2010 flight Ryan Air Marrakech to Bristol - almost 4 hour delay. I don't have any details other than I've found the flight no... and I have the visa stamp in our passports. I don't have our original reservation no, copies of booking confirmation etc now. Ryan Air website only shows your bookings back to 2011. Do you know if it's possible to find your booking ref somehow or are people putting in claims without this info? Thanks
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MSE recommend you quote the booking reference in its template letter. My claim is for a 2010 flight Ryan Air Marrakech to Bristol - almost 4 hour delay. I don't have any details other than I've found the flight no... and I have the visa stamp in our passports. I don't have our original reservation no, copies of booking confirmation etc now. Ryan Air website only shows your bookings back to 2011. Do you know if it's possible to find your booking ref somehow or are people putting in claims without this info? Thanks

Do you have any evidence of actually paying Ryanair for the booking? You'll need to provide some sort of evidence that you paid them for a service that they didn't deliver.
    But there's no requirement to have a booking reference per se in order to claim, just some evidence that you was actually on the flight.
    Of course, if ryanair have a loophole, expect them to exploit it, so a court case in order to succeed is on the horizon.
  • Loanranger
    Loanranger Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    Hope someone can advise.
    Heavy snow today and we're due to fly with Ryanair today at 5pm. Some flights already diverted and cancelled from East Mids Airport today.
    Can anyone tell me my rights, please, in event of delay or cancellation? thanks
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You've got rights to care as per the EU guidelines, ie a meal and refreshment after 2 hours depending on the length of journey/delay, or an overnight hotel if required, but there's no claim for delay compensation if the snow is the reason as per the AIRPORT saying so. Meaning that if other airlines are still flying, and the airport remains open, but Ryanair have CHOSEN to cancel then there's a different scenario.
  • Mark2spark wrote: »
    Do you have any evidence of actually paying Ryanair for the booking? You'll need to provide some sort of evidence that you paid them for a service that they didn't deliver.
    But there's no requirement to have a booking reference per se in order to claim, just some evidence that you was actually on the flight.
    Of course, if ryanair have a loophole, expect them to exploit it, so a court case in order to succeed is on the horizon.

Yeah, I guess I need to log on to various accounts & look back to my credit card & bank details from 2010 to see what I can find.. can't remember how we paid for it now. I think airlines are legally required to keep all passenger manifests for each flight, not sure how long for but I'd expect several years.. this must be a problem most people claiming would have.. I can't imagine anyone keeping their reservation no to hand for longer than a couple of months. I only picked up on this listening to Moneybox on Saturday.
  • Loanranger
    Loanranger Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    Thank you Marks 2Spark.
  • MSE recommend you quote the booking reference in its template letter. My claim is for a 2010 flight Ryan Air Marrakech to Bristol - almost 4 hour delay. I don't have any details other than I've found the flight no... and I have the visa stamp in our passports. I don't have our original reservation no, copies of booking confirmation etc now. Ryan Air website only shows your bookings back to 2011. Do you know if it's possible to find your booking ref somehow or are people putting in claims without this info? Thanks
    I take it you are exhausting your options in the "View Booking History" section of Ryanair's website to look for your booking reference? To use that option, you need any valid booking reference and your email address and then it will show you a recent list, but it should also display a "Show More Results" button. Keep clicking that and unless you used a different email address for the flight you are looking for, you may be able to go back further than 2011. I just tried it and got back to a couple of flights in 2008, a couple in 2010 and only half my flights in 2011. I can see that Ryanair have deliberately crippled the facility in recent months because I was able to go back to year dot 6 months ago and can prove it because I pasted it all into a spreadsheet! Nice of them eh? With the floodgates now open, they don't want to make it too easy for us now do they?

The other place the Ryanair booking reference often shows is on the payment card transaction statement - although you might not have those either especially if you went paperless.

Good luck though - I am sure Ryanair can identify you from the date and flight number, and if push came to shove your payment card bank should be able to find the reference on their computer, albeit they or you will probably have to make a written enquiry to head office to get it.
  • Thanks 2sidestoeverystory. I hadn't realised I could use my last booking to get into that facility... I had the booking ref of a flight made last October so entered that, it showed me my last 2 bookings, both made in 2012 but no more. I couldn't see a "show more results" button anywhere on the screen... where are you seeing that? I would have bookings from 2011, 2010, 2009 etc (all same email address). I then tried entering my earliest booking for 2012 it displayed in case it was just showing the one entered + 1 previous, but it just displayed the same 2 bookings... & no show more results button....odd..? I have 3 cards I may have paid with, & I can't remember what month I would have made the booking, I've contacted all the credit card companies and they say it's £10 to send each statement, ie. they won't tell me over the phone, I've narrowed it down to us booking in March or April but that's still £60 just to find out! Think I'll go with sending the letter without the booking reference and see how it goes.
  • y2jammie
    y2jammie Posts: 28 Forumite
    Having a bit of a hard time with Ryanair personally.

I filed a complaint, sent them an email to Ryanair Customer Service with my problems and to claim for the compensation under EU Regulation 2004/261 and they basically sent me some forms to fill in and send to One Claims Ltd (who are Ryanairs Insurance Company).

When I sent the forms off, with the reasons for my compensation claim etc, paid to get them sent securely so that i knew they arrived .... One Claims just sent me an email saying that they only deal with insurance claims for Ryanair customers who have taken out their insurance, and that I have to get back in touch with Ryanair Customer Service team for anything to do with compensation.

Going to try again with Ryanair Customer Services, but nothing worse than having your time and money wasted due to poor service.
  • Hi
    Any advice please on my next step? Submitted claim for cancelled Ryanair flight from may 2008. Have received reply in 2 days stating the t&c s only accept claims within last two years yet I see your note on uk being 6 years
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback