Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    michaels wrote: »
    Not bad at all - also 2 accounts: 2x£3 greg, 2x£5 greg, 2x coke, 1x£3 ms, 2x£10 dining :)

When is the last date for starting new accounts?

31st Jan.

Good morning Elite. Have a great day. Hugs to those in need.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • Good morning all

195771-Colorful-Good-Morning-Flowers.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Sparks - £5 off womens jumpers, does not include sale
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    It's been on COS accounts since 29/12, first purchased by me 30/12. Sometimes people need to help themselves rather than rely on everyone to post their lists and answer their endless questions ;)

Just realised why the propercorn is a new thing to me.

When I was doing the Heinz shops that weekend my store had none of the sweet and salty versions and only 2 packets of the other variety - never restocked :mad:

So I did 2 shops along with the baby food on COS and the Heinz and then that was it.

Knew there was a sensible reason :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Sparks - £5 off womens jumpers, does not include sale

which is a pity, leapt out of bed in search of cheap jumpers so the best ones didn't disappear before 8 o'clock - so to use the voucher you have to spend at least £12.50 so £7.50 after the voucher and they have rafts of jumpers in the sale under that price level ...

2nd time in a week Marks has annoyed me
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Good morning.
    Well I think morries beans helped me get my mojo back. Yesterday i did my first mullers shop. As we no longer need baked beans I stocked up on batchelors Bigga peas as they are on offer @40p in S.
    I've got enough toilet rolls for about 6 months and still got masses of ariel/fairy liquid but I do need washing conditioner. I haven't bought any since the glitch with the black bucket so I fidnt do too bad there.
    I'm starting to double up on my meals now and freezing half I think dh is in shock that I'll be in hospital for a whole week and then cant do "anything" for six weeks. So no picking dgd up for six weeks I don't know how I'll cope with that one.
    I think I may go and print my morries points coupons out on my way to work in case as anon says they change their mind.
    Have a good day.

I hope it all goes well for you, it will feel like you are in suspended animation while you are awaiting a new date.

Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later - its bad enough being confined to quarters in January but if they leave it until spring starts it will be so much tougher.
    I cant even imagine being in hospital an entire week - I would be stir crazy by day 3.
    6 weeks on very light duties - well things at home will rattle along, not as you like it and not in the way you are used to having things done but you will find the end of the world does not happen.

When s-I-ls mum was in hospital for about 3 months, her OH and the 2 boys they had never done a single thing for themselves, never cooked a meal, never even cleared a table after dinner - in the circumstance they all had to buckle down, grow up and get stuff done, feed themselves and keep the household going.
    Similarly when my mum broke her arm my dad had to learn to cook for the first time in his life and that was actually a very good thing as he coped fine when he was on his own later.

I think the main thing is to look after yourself and not worry too much about everyone else - they will have to find work arounds for the everyday problems :)
  • mhoc wrote: »
    I hope it all goes well for you, it will feel like you are in suspended animation while you are awaiting a new date.

Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later - its bad enough being confined to quarters in January but if they leave it until spring starts it will be so much tougher.
    I cant even imagine being in hospital an entire week - I would be stir crazy by day 3.
    6 weeks on very light duties - well things at home will rattle along, not as you like it and not in the way you are used to having things done but you will find the end of the world does not happen.

When s-I-ls mum was in hospital for about 3 months, her OH and the 2 boys they had never done a single thing for themselves, never cooked a meal, never even cleared a table after dinner - in the circumstance they all had to buckle down, grow up and get stuff done, feed themselves and keep the household going.
    Similarly when my mum broke her arm my dad had to learn to cook for the first time in his life and that was actually a very good thing as he coped fine when he was on his own later.

I think the main thing is to look after yourself and not worry too much about everyone else - they will have to find work arounds for the everyday problems :)
    Thank you mhoc. It was your advice the other day that made me get my @rse in gear. Stocking up for when I'm on sick pay and getting an overspill of meals in the freezer.
    Tbh I'm relieved it has been cancelled as I finished my course of anti b iotics yesterday and I still haven't shifted this cold. I cannot imagine having this cough and wounds at the same time :shocked:
    Dd only lives a ten minute walk so she will be able to call in the day whilst dh is at work.
    I'll coin my usual phrase....it'll be fine and I'll be in Preston hospital so I'm expecting the next nw meet up to be in my room :rotfl:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    £10 Topman voucher with Vouchercodes wys £50 at Topman:)

Morning paw sniffers:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    elainemn wrote: »
    Good morning. Hope everyone is okay. Not posted since the weekend as have been laid out with TM's flu but loads better today.

I probably gave that to you:o

We must stop canoodling in the biscuit aisle:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Good Morning :hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport