DaringToDream of a Debt Free Life!

Comments

• Thanks enthusiasticsaver- hopefully this car will last me a long time, but given the amount of miles I do for work I did need something reliable. Didn't buy the car new but got it a year old and managed to negotiate a good discount with 2 years free servicing if I took the finance, so thought I'd had a fairly good deal until I realized I couldn't overpay. But as you say lesson learnt and that's a mistake I won't be making again!!

Working in London today and doing both jobs so gonna be a long one, but will be on expenses so should be a low spend day. 2 more eb*y items sold overnight so will post them today.

DTD xx
    Loan £13,339.81 (4.9%) Current End Date Dec 2020
    CC1 £3496.00 (0% for another 20 months)
    CC2 £2500 (0% for another 20 months)
    Total: £19335.81:eek:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Well done on the ebay sales :D

Have a lovely day x
  • On my way home finally after a very long day- quite depressing to be on the 6.30am train and the 10pm train home, but thinking of the extra money from the extra shift at job 2, and how that'll be extra in the holiday pot!

Was on expenses today so only spent about £4 over my expenses allowance so it too bad. Back in my normal office tomorrow so should be a no spend day! 3 days till payday and then I can update some things :o xx
  • Another day in London today and so another day on expenses- should hopefully be a low spend day!

2 days till payday, and got my meals sorted until then so shouldn't have to spend anything. Had to put £20 of fuel in the car to get me to the end of the month and put it on cc1, but will pay this off as soon as my expenses come in.

3 pounds lost this week which I am super pleased about. Target now is to lose another 6 pounds before OH comes home. Works out at around 1.5'pounds a week which should be do-able, but have a hen do and a few other things so will be harder to do I think.

Working hard to try and reduce debt and lose weight, so another month of eating well, exercising lots and spending very little. If I can keep on track I should be looking good and have some money in my pocket to do nice things when OH is home!

Hope all your weeks are going well.

DTD xx
  • Made it to the end of the month and payday tomorrow, thank god! Have an online shop coming tomorrow night to fill up the freezer with lots of lovely healthy things for next month, and took advantage of a £10 off voucher. Normally I'd get a takeaway or something as a payday treat, but instead have bought an oven pizza which looks just as good, so behaviors are definitely changing!

Will update totals tomorrow once I have sorted out all the figures, but loan doesn't go out til the 15th so figures won't be complete until then.

Our made to measure blinds for our crazy shaped windows get fitted mid-next month, so will have to pay the £200 fee on credit card, but my pay from job 2 in next months payday will pay that all off so that is all budgeted for. That is then the last big house purchase.

One more eb*y sale today, and £1.50 cashback payable. Still waiting for a big lump of £63 yo become payable so hopefully that will be soon and go towards overdraft!

Chilled weekend this weekend, then working next weekend with job 2 and then hen weekend the weekend after (although all paid for except for fuel), so got to take the chill this weekend while I can.

4 weeks til OH comes home, so 4 more weeks of eating well and spending little so I can relax a bit and enjoy him being back!

Happy early weekend all

DTD xx
  • So time for the payday update.

CC1: £1021.82/1186.47 (-£164.65)
    CC2: £0
    OD: £847.03/876.13 (-£29.10)
    Loan: £14000/£14000 (£0)
    Total debt £15868.85/£16062.60 (-£193.75)

First loan payment isn't due until mid-month so looking forward to seeing that go down!

£200 in pot left for petrol and food,which isn't a lot, but also have £330 of fun budget so some of that will likely get requisitioned for living costs. However got a few days on expenses so won't have to spend on food then, plus have a big shop coming tonight which has already been paid for, so will be batch cooking/portioning and freezing tomorrow so that will also help keep the food spends down!

Am working job 2 next weekend (and will get fed at work), plus a hen the weekend after (already paid for), so if i can keep on the straight and narrow in the working week then suddenly the budget doesn't look bad. few eb*y sales still going too, so hopefully will be able to chip down at CC1 and at the OD and get them to under £800 and under £1000!

Happy Friday

DTD xx
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sounds like you're very organised DTD :D

Have a lovely weekend xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Thanks Mummytogirls! Not sure if i'm organised or just pretending to be :p, but it's certainly easier when it is just me here- all goes out the window when OH and stepson are home!!!
  • Morning all, gorgeous sunny day and annoying Neighbour seems to be having a domestic and jet washing his decking at the same time-
    So noisy!! :mad:.

£12 spent this morning in l*dl, had to get some white onions and balsamic for my batch cooking, and then also picked up some cotton wool and flowers and biccys as have my brother and his gf popping in for a brew later. They've not seen the new house yet, so want it to look lovely!!

Also spent £200 this morning on Pilates classes. They should last me a few months and also includes some 1:1 sessions. £100 has come out of fun fund and £100 has gone on cc and will be paid off out of fun fund next month. Big initial spend but definitely worth it, I have back problems and Pilates really helps. I look at this as an investment in my health so if I look at it that way £200 is a bargain :D.

Need to tidy the house and mow the lawn before Bro comes over. Taking advantage of the nice weather to catch up on laundry so have one lot already dried and another lot in the machine. Working next weekend so need to get on top of the house today!

DTD xx
  • Morning all, another day and another diary entry written on the train into London. Working there today and tomorrow which will be good money wise as they will cover my food and also means I'll save about 130 miles worth of fuel. Being on expenses also means I can splurge on a fancy coffee which I never allow myself any more if I'm paying :p.

Spent £10 yesterday on a pub quiz entry and a round of drinks. Had a bit of a rubbish day yesterday so had to drag myself out of the house to go to the quiz,l. But had a great time, and managed to speak to OH when I got home so the day definitely ended better than it started.

No weight lost last week which is frustrating as I ate really well and exercised loads, but hopefully this week will be better. Got the details for the hen do and they have done the catering based on 2 bottles of wine per person per day :eek:, I'll never drink all that, but on the plus side at least it means I won't have to spend any more on booze!!

DTD xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts