Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Comments

• I'm currently paying Virgin £42 a month (£23 for Broadband and phone, plus £19 for phone line rental) but that was due to go up to £47 a month with their price hike.

Since I barely use the landline, I phoned them up and told them that I was thinking of getting rid of it because there was no point in paying for something I didn't use.

Five minutes later, they're offering me a 12 month contract with the same Broadband, phone and line rental for £33.

Result! :)
    if i had known then what i know now
  • den169
    den169 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well got my letter today,Will be ringing to cancel tomorrow.
  • whats the difference between inbound and outbound retentions?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    whats the difference between inbound and outbound retentions?

Inbound is the team you get to when you call in to say you would like to leave. Outbound contact you after you have cancelled to pursuafe you to stay. Outbound team generally have access to the best offers.
  • Anon wrote: »
    Inbound is the team you get to when you call in to say you would like to leave. Outbound contact you after you have cancelled to pursuafe you to stay. Outbound team generally have access to the best offers.

Thanks! Ive spoken with inbound and have my cancellation email, so i'll await the outbound team call, fingers crossed :)
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm currently on Player TV Bundle with 100Mbps Broadband and Phone/Line Rental paying £31 (I know it isn't a particularly good deal, but my original £20 deal came to an end, and that was the best I could get out of them).

Does anyone know how much this is likely to go up to ? - I haven't received a letter yet.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    darren72 wrote: »
    I'm currently on Player TV Bundle with 100Mbps Broadband and Phone/Line Rental paying £31 (I know it isn't a particularly good deal, but my original £20 deal came to an end, and that was the best I could get out of them).

Does anyone know how much this is likely to go up to ? - I haven't received a letter yet.

I understand that Player is going up by £3 per month. Letters/emails should arrive by the end of this month to give you the 30 days notice - our letter arrived yesterday.
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Anon wrote: »
    I understand that Player is going up by £3 per month. Letters/emails should arrive by the end of this month to give you the 30 days notice - our letter arrived yesterday.

Thanks. Letter has just arrived today. As you say it is going up by £3.
  • satchef1
    satchef1 Posts: 115 Forumite
    edited 28 September 2018 at 9:15PM
    Best they would offer me was £44/month for 100Mb internet and the basic TV package.

Not that I was planning on staying any way. Their CS has been awful. Never do anything they say they will. They've overcharged £60 over the year, have failed to fix the problem umpteen times, and are now point-blank refusing to return the money. I've had to escalate the problem through Resolver for the second time.
  • I'm currently paying £100 a month for Full House TV with Vivid 150 broadband and Talk More Anytime. The best I was offered when I phoned to cancel was £74.50 per month for the same package with a V6 box to replace my existing 500GB TiVo. I've started the 30 day cancelling process, so we'll see what outgoing retentions have to offer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback