Monzo Account

Options
Hi all, does anyone know if I would be able to keep my Monzo account once declared bankrupt? I don’t have an overdraft on it but they do offer that facility. I have a basic Nationwide account as a back up option.

Comments

• Years_of_debt
    Options
    If they offer any credit facility it will likely be closed down.
    I would switch to basic Nationwide now just to be on the safe side.
  • chasingsolvency
    Options
    Thanks, that was my line of thinking but I’ve found a blog dated from 2017 where a guy managed to open one two months into his BR...hopefully I can keep it, it’s a fantastic tool for budgeting.
  • Years_of_debt
    Options
    To be honest aslong as you have a basic account with Nationwide keep using Monzo if it gets closed down oh well. If it doesn’t it’s a bonus.
  • ny152
    Options
    I have a Trust Deed and opened a Monzo Account with no problem (didn't apply for the overdraft).
    As you say, a great tool for budgeting, especially when you use 'pots'.
  • ramtops
    Options
    My husband opened a Monzo account as a backup six weeks before bankruptcy. They allowed him to keep it, and sent him a really nice note, wishing him luck.

I bank with Monzo - absolutely love them.
  • dave1968
    Options
    Monzo are brilliant used them for 5 months now and most of my banking now done through them. The pots are great to separate money and you can see breakdown of what you spend into different categories. No fiddly online banking logins either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure