Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 16th Apr 18, 3:53 PM
    • 1,232Posts
    • 1,372Thanks
    bertiewhite
    Which console?
    • 16th Apr 18, 3:53 PM
    Which console? 16th Apr 18 at 3:53 PM
    Easy question (I hope) - when my Xbox 360 finally gives up the ghost, what should I replace it with?

I'm only an occasional gamer so I don't need the latest super-duper version but I'm thinking PS4 or Xbox One? More importantly, why?

Everyone I've asked who has an Xbox says stay with Xbox as it's familiar and it's backwards compatible but everyone who has a PS4 says it's more than just a console.

Ooh decisions, decisions.
Page 5
    • Tyler Durden UK
    • By Tyler Durden UK 19th Jul 18, 1:42 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Tyler Durden UK
    Sign up for Games With Gold for about 30 a year (or less) you get 2 360 and 2 xbox games a month. The 360 games you get to keep, the xbox games can only be played while your sub is active. These are digital btw
    • Paul_DNAP
    • By Paul_DNAP 19th Jul 18, 1:44 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 332 Thanks
    Paul_DNAP
    Right, I was going to wait until after my upcoming house move to decide but Amazon Prime Day made my mind up for me and I got an Xbox One S 1Tb with 3 games, 2 controllers and a vertical stand for 199 (a saving of 119).

Thanks for all your input.

The bonus is that half my old 360 games work on it as well.
    Originally posted by bertiewhite

That's a great result, especially since controllers are listed at 45 each, and if they are decent games then the main console unit is looking like a freebie!

I'm a PS4 boy at the moment, but the XBONE looks like a decent bit of kit and I can't completely justify having them both (especially since I have a 360 and PS3 too).
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 19th Jul 18, 2:37 PM
    • 1,232 Posts
    • 1,372 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    That's a great result, especially since controllers are listed at 45 each, and if they are decent games then the main console unit is looking like a freebie!
    Originally posted by Paul_DNAP
    They were Sea of Thieves, Forza 3 and Minecraft (one of the controllers was Minecraft themed as well). I've always wanted to play MC so that is a bit of a bonus.
    • scrappy doo1
    • By scrappy doo1 21st Sep 18, 3:50 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    scrappy doo1
    I think that the ps4 is slightly better graphics ,there isn't much in it .we have both consoles . ultimately I would look at the exclusive games for each particular console and use that to decide .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,829Posts Today

8,612Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks so much to all who watched @itvMLshow LIVE last night. The ratings are in at 2.4m and 12% share, lower tha? https://t.co/Jj62j1fV5F

• RT @stomp_3k: Oh @MartinSLewis would be proud proud of me went sim free on my mobile contract renewal and bought my handset outright saving?

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Wales Govt steps up to help ?severely mentally impaired? access crucial council tax discount after MSE campaign - BUT M?

• Follow Martin