Help With accommodation Debt?!

Good afternoon,
I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding student accommodation fees. This seems to be an odd case really as in the normal circumstances one would sign a contract before moving into the property, flat or studio. However in this case no contract was signed. It's worth mentioning that I did stay with the current landlord of the student property two years ago and signed a contract with them for a year. I then came back a few months ago and only stayed for a few months because that is how long I needed to stay for. No deposit was payed and I stayed in a completely different flat. The arrangements were made via email however I'm wondering how reliable that is as I have not payed for the last months rent, and they are claiming I owe money in "late fees" which were not discussed or agreed too. I want to know my rights and if I even have to pay at all without a legally binding contract. I should note I have moved out and handed the keys back. Would be grateful if someone could share there knowledge on this.
Cheers
Jay
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family