Anyone know of Commitments Protection?

Options

Comments

• Terminator365
    Options
    Ah, the infamous Commitments Protection cancel, John Maher, Paul Hunt and others. They are all guilty as sin and have made fools of you all. They are equally liable and you must not let them off the hook. John Maher drives around in his plush Range Rover when he should be running a wheel barrow. Hunt lives in a mansion with a private gym and swimming pool. The two of them state they are ex-marines. Like we would like to believe them. They are a pair of obese bullfrogs without a ounce of decency between them.
    Report them to the Ministry of Justice
    The Legal Ombudsman
    Your Local MP
    Report them to The Financial Services Compensation Scheme
    The Information Commissioner's Office
    The Financial Conduct Authority
    The Police
    Report them to the Treasure Select Committee
    The Local Press
    HMRC
  • kevinabraham01
    Options
    We too feel we have been scammed by this company. In 2015 a man called Travis called to see us and very convincingly got us to part with £450 with a signed letter by himself saying there would be no further payment required. After numerous phone calls from us to Commitments as they never got in touch with us another gentleman came round to our house and got us to part with another £500 plus saying that we had a good case and saying that the Solicitors required the money to prove we were genuine in thinking we had a claim to move the case forward. After months of waiting and no paperwork or phone calls from Commitments or Solicitors again it was up to us to contact them from which we had one email saying the case was being looked at. After months later of still no communication from Solicitors we made another phone call and spoke to one of the Directors who assured us that he was going to make sure our case was being dealt with. Two and a half years later we are no further along and have tried to phone Commitments but their phone number is no longer in use. We seem. to be one of many that have been scammed by this Company which we are sad to hear. In hindsight we were naive in parting with this amount of money but these people were so convincing.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know of Commitments Protection?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5727531

Deja vu.
  • Fifi20
    Fifi20 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Christine P.H.
    Did you manage to get your refund Yet?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fifi20 wrote: »
    Christine P.H.
    Did you manage to get your refund Yet?
    That poster made one post in January 2018 and has not returned to the forum since.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2672817
  • Tropla
    Tropla Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 20 July 2018 at 10:01PM
    Options
    Just an update, we received a full refund, plus £100 on top, took a while but at least it happened. I think if they cannot provide a service in this way, then they can't really expect you to pay for something that is unlikely to happen. I dealt with the CEO P.Hunt and have to say once he was aware of the problem, he got it turned around pretty quickly.

• Fifi20
    Fifi20 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Have any of you manage to get a refund Yet or made any progress with the ombudsman?
  • tyningroad
    Options
    ok, they scammed me as well. Now they no longer answer the phone. How can I get them prosecuted or whatever.?

Dave
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tyningroad wrote: »
    ok, they scammed me as well. Now they no longer answer the phone. How can I get them prosecuted or whatever.?

Dave

Report to legal ombudsman the regulator for CMCs

If you paid by credit card try a section 75 refund request
  • Carone
    Options
    Hi we have dealt with this company and have got no where going back to 2014 we have spoken to both Paul Hunt and John Maher I have asked for all our information back and they say they do not have any. We have also had dealing with a gentleman called Eddie the expert witness still no joy. They have said they have sent all our paperwork off to Fcas but they have not received it and do not have any copies. I am not chasing it anymore too stressful but sadly this is how they get away with it
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback