The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yay for Dave!! I too can spend a good hour watching his youtube videos. He keeps me on track and I think we need him over here, though some of us Brits may struggle with his strong conservative, gun totting, evangelical approach!! :) Martin Lewis should up his YouTube / radio game! He's missing a trick!

I know what you mean. I struggle with that myself, especially the gun bit but I do like his straight to the point manner. He definitely calls a spade a spade.:rotfl:
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    I agree re Dave.

I used to fantasise about going out to America so I could do a debt free scream and answer 'better than I should be' when he asked 'how are you DIA?' :D

Well done on getting rid of the high APR cards :T

You could now DIA.:D;)

:rotfl: I sometimes shout along with them when they do it, but do it with a strange southern twang. :o

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Back after a nice couple of days with norovirus.:( I will spare you the gory details.

My v@nquis and !!!!ital one accounts now stand at zero. I do need to remember the v@ nquis one was transfered to t3sco and not paid off.

I should have the next one paid off in three months.:j I'm getting rid of the small ones first to keep me motivated. The whole lot should be done in about 22 months.

On monday I need to start ringing about getting the bay roof done. I keep putting it off so it needs to be done.

Today is getting back on top of things after two days of nothing.

Have a good day all. Xxx

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Wow 22 months go parsniphead you can go it xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You sound as though you're getting things under control again PH, and getting the bay roof sorted out will make a vast difference when it's raining and when winter comes round again :)

Hope the norovirus is completely gone now - virus' tend to leave people knackered ! :eek:

22 months is not really a long time to be able to achieve your DFD - stay focused and soon all that money that's going to pay debts will be available for you to spend on your home. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • I hope you've recovered from the norovirus Parsnip, that can't have been nice :eek:.

I think you made the right call paying off the high interest card, I hate paying interest :mad:. Have you closed both accounts now?

I agree about other people paying for their flashy lifestyles with credit. I'd rather have an old car that's paid for, than a showy car on high interest finance.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Glad you have recovered. To have your debt paid off in 22 months sounds very doable and I will be cheering you on.

Do get the roof quoted for and we can both be done with it. I am waiting for my roofer to return from holidays. Hoping he is 'the one' as they say :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    A quick one as I'm a soft play centre.:eek:

I've just read an article on The Guardian about Antonio Banderas. At the end he said the following.

“I don’t want to live my life like I’m already dead. I’m just going to live it, and if I die, I die.”

Mmm. Almost like living with debt........

Just a thought.

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    A quick one as I'm a soft play centre.:eek:

I've just read an article on The Guardian about Antonio Banderas. At the end he said the following.

“I don’t want to live my life like I’m already dead. I’m just going to live it, and if I die, I die.”

Mmm. Almost like living with debt........

Just a thought.

Love it!! And love to be able to put it into practice - maybe I should see a hypnotist? :)
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • parsniphead
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Love it!! And love to be able to put it into practice - maybe I should see a hypnotist? :)

:rotfl: Too right crystal. I would love to live that way all the time too but its not easy.

Another one I do like is "you're a long time dead".

Perhaps I may do something bto treat myself this week.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure