Choccy's last debt diary! Tme to stop messing and focus.

Comments

• It's such a shame the banks are moving away from the high street. I really feel for the older generation here. Our local post office was ram raided and has been shut for weeks now. Cash machines ripped out of village shops its nearly impossible to get £ notes now.

Did he get much interest twiggy? Will have to go Monday to sort the accounts out. Going to leave the surprise cash in the account and move our EF £1k over too. Trying to get it built up to £1500 over next few months.

Still eBaying and had a sale yesterday so another £9 profit into the sealed pot. Need to keep up momentum with the posting.

hit min pay out confirmed this morning on Prolific so another £6.16 added to spc.

I use both receipt hog and shoppix but find RH so slow and I'm 46 points away from £15. I've had £20 from Shoppix but on the way to another £5.
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • hubby's pay day arrived and the usual direct debits are flying out the account. Will be a day or two before loan accounts update but looking forward it to dropping under £10000!

Have spent this morning cleaning the fridge out. I've really run it down over last few days so great chance before going a decent size shop tonight.
  • Accounts update and whoooop we owe less than £10000!

Zopa 1 nov payment £62.76 o/s £1694.40
    Zopa 2 nov payment £197.50 o/s £6715.11
    0% Cc - min pay not due until 18th o/s £1534.00

First Payments cleared £260.26 paid / £6241.08 target by 25/12/20 4% done!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,262 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Thanks beanie so excited to get it down. Told hubby and he was more interested that normal, so all good.

I've finally been to the bank for the old accounts and had a nice surprise. In my two there are as £128.42. I paid on £2 in copper as never in a branch very often. I've squirrelled all the money from our joint account now bills all gone. Both cars full of fuel and we've got plenty of good in. I've £10 in my wallet which will have to last until Tuesday when my esa gets paid.

I'm trying this method to enforce us to keep to the budget. I need peppercorns and grease proof paper which I'll get today, but weekend will be NSDs x2

I've moved our EF cash so getting the 3% in the tsb account and our balance now stands at £1525.42 with everything added together. Going to budget and try and increase this upto £2 over next few months.
  • Not much to update from weekend. We've managed two non spend days which is a first for us over the weekend. The meal planning is definitely helping and avoiding nipping you the coop. Will need to grab more bread today and will do a food shopping on Wednesday. Freezer and cupboards still stocked so going to use supplies rather than do my normal weekly shop.

Monday
    Yellow sticker steak from freezer with noodle carrot onion and broccoli stir fry

Tuesday
    All day brekkie black pudding and bacon from freezer, homemade hash browns l/o potatoes, mushrooms and tinned toms

Wednesday
    Pizza (yellow sticker from freezer) add l/o cold meat, toms abd any other topping from fridge/tin supplies for kids
    Chicken from freezer as chicken something for hubby and I

Have got Christmas fruit soaking so need to get cake baked Tuesday. Everything in baking cupboard stock.
  • 2 x Christmas cakes made and they smell
    Amazing. Meal planning going well but we did swap meals from yesterday/today as hubby not in tonight and he wanted 2 chicken pies from the freezer.

Holding off a big shop until tomorrow and spent £7.92 on milk, bread and few bits yesterday.

Surveys have been going well and I finally hit £25 on 1poll yesterday. prolific has been lucrative and I've £8 something clear with £4 pending. All this cash will be hidden away in my sealed pot bank account once it clears.

Hubby at a funeral tomorrow which is a round trip of about 360 miles so he'll need fuel and dinner on the road.

Joint account will be pretty empty after tomorrow until next payments come on next week. Have another pretty quiet weekend planned and cutting out all non essential spending. Kids doing well taking homemade soup to school for lunch.

I've still £80 on Eldest's daughter's exchange trip which I'm hoping to clear when hubby is paid. Youngest's DofE is ridiculously expensive but she won't have a trip this school year. I've paid £30 and will have approximately £220 left once they add it to our cashless paymebtvv BC account.

I'm sure everyone feels like they're treading water, but I'm frustrated our income doesn't all come it at once. Feel like I'm always waiting for the next cash and the debts don't seem to move month to month. They are going down I know, but feels so slowly you can't see it.
  • Not the commitment to keeping track I promised myself way back in November! Christmas a blur, but good on spending front. Not debt adding and it was entirely funded by ju sealed pot extra income.

We have been plugging away and our debt currebtly stands at :
    Zopa loan 1 - 0000 paid off!
    Zopa 2 - £6320.11
    0% credit card - £1434

Total £7754.11

I've set our budget for February (as jan cash nearly gone and only food and fuel speeds left)
    I've increased our budget to £400 for food instead of £300 as want to stick my freezer again. I'm still in slimming world which is very fruit and veg heavy, so don't want to worry. I'm going to withdraw £100 a week and use cash only. Any change will be left in the pot and saved hopefully towards a 'free shopping week' and that weeks £100 sent towards the credit card.

I've budgeted to pay £100 a month which will easily clear the total before the interest creeps on, but hoping to pay slightly more.

That's it for now enough ramblings but I am determined to get this debt gone. My worry is that hubbies car is on its lasts legs. It's 10years old and falling to bits. We'd like to ditch the old girl and buy newer smaller petrol version as will be do much cheaper to run. We've talked about it, but it's mean another zopa loan for few grand which makes me feel sick. It's not decision we need to make now, but it will happen at some point.
  • Day 2 checking in with quick update. NSD today which is first in a long time.

Joint account looking pretty sparse, but only need odd food and fuel for my car before pay day. Balance £65.36. The child benefit is due on 28th and then both our pay day.

Savings pots looking sad ��
    Sealed pot for xmas 2020 - £9.60
    Girls clothing £12.59
    Birthday fund £0.08
    Dog fund £0.26
    Kids activities £21.10
  • Morning diary, back again 3/3 days on a roll. Was hoping to have a nsd, but I desperately need some heavy duty limescale remover for rental house. It's currently empty with new tenant moving in at end of month. Going to nip to Tesco to pick it up and only that!

Account balance still same as yesterday, but do have hubby's first road tax direct debit pending fir tomorrow £12.77. I hate doing it this way, but it saved the big 6monthly chunk going out start of the year. Hoping to get it saved up so we can pay it at Easter.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure