Time-frame for compensation & expenses claims with British Airways for delayed or cancelled flights

Options
2»

Comments

• Archergirl wrote: »
    £500 for one night!!!
    We were affected by the IT problems in Aug, had our flight re scheduled we had our compensation 23rd Sept

4X persons, 2 X hotel rooms at the Hilton with meals- Soon adds up!
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Messaged them through Instagram over a month ago and they have never even viewed the message!

Have no experience with Instagram but have received quick responses on Twitter every time I've used it. Mind you, the standard response when chasing up on claims is that the claim is still being looked at and to be patient. Alternatively give them a call for an update and/or a timeline.
  • jpsartre wrote: »
    Have no experience with Instagram but have received quick responses on Twitter every time I've used it. Mind you, the standard response when chasing up on claims is that the claim is still being looked at and to be patient. Alternatively give them a call for an update and/or a timeline.

I will try signing up for Twiter just for this reason (it's worth a go i guess)
    I'd deary love to be in receipt of a telephone number so that I can contact the claims handlers directly but one has never been supplied (not surprisingly) or found, despite trawling the web!
  • Just as an update to this...

Finally received a response agreeing to the compo but with a massively reduced level of expenses (which even fall far-short of covering the hotel for the night so will be fighting this)

Was promised payments to my bank account have been set-up but 14 days and 3 emails later, no response and no money!

I do believe my days of being a loyal customer of British Airways are done!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure