Online scam - Fashion Centre #579890

Comments

• My cards stay in my wallet/purse too. I am extremely careful with any cards that I hold to the extent that I have ordered a non "contactless" card or cards.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    I am adamant that I did not order these goods nor ticked the terms and conditions. What do I do next? I phoned the bank today and spoke to an agent in their Fraud Department who said that the order had been placed on the 16th May at 9.07am (very precise) and they have said that because I cannot dispute the evidence then the matter is on the side of Fashion Central and I have to say bye bye to the money. It is a large amount of money I cannot afford to lose as an OAP.

I am so annoyed about this I have checked the browsing history on my PC and have found that on 16th May my husband read his emails at 8.56 am and I logged into Facebook at 9.48am. That's nearly an hour's gap inbetween. I have copied and printed it off as evidence.

Neither my husband nor myself were online at the time of the supposed order being made!

You keep saying this is evidence but its really not, there are ways of browsing privately, and also you could have other devices. Whether you do or not, you could.

You need to contact the company and see if they would be willing to accept the items back in return for a refund.

I appreciate you feel you are innocent in this and didnt activate this, however, you got two packages of goods (I assumed by your first post that the goods were identical but Im assuming now they were not) and did not check your bank statements for 2 months. You didnt check who the goods were actually from, and just ignored it altogether.

The company has got your card details from somewhere, and your address.

1. A company scamming you would take your money and send NOTHING.

2. Someone trying to scam you would have the goods delivered to their address, not yours.

So, what does anyone get out of sending you stuff in the post...
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Do you have PayPal set up?
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Thanks for that. I used to save my details online, but not any more. This is so difficult for me as I have taken all the precautions I can take and feel like I've been assaulted.
  • OP you say you don't save details. If you use a google, apple or Microsoft account and their browser, then it can store your details. I explained above that this is done.

You may think you are careful, but if you make purchases on your phone or work PC and do not secure this, these details could be stored.

What is not stored is your three digit security code?

Genuine question is.

In June you received an unsolicited parcel. You took no action. You then got billed 14 days later. You got billed for your subscription thirty days after your first purchase. Why did you take no action in June?
  • Loobyloo1us
    Loobyloo1us Posts: 42 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    The packages were identical, a cheap watch and a necklace with LOVE on it. However, I do check my bank accounts regularly but as it was my birthday coming up I naturally thought the larger amounts were purchases my husband had made. As it was a joint account I didn't want to ruin the surprise if it was indeed a birthday gift.

How do I check to see if my bank details are removed from catalogues that I use. Yes I do use PayPal but not very regularly.
  • Sorry OP, not catalogues you have used. They are genuine?

Your Browser stores these, just like the apple iPhone wallet!!! If you left this insecure, then anyone could as a prank order items for you!

What they need though is your three digit security code!

As for a birthday gift, if I bought cheap tack for the BoPsie, I would be her ex!
  • Loobyloo1us
    PPI Party Pooper
    I wasn't talking about the small amounts (I had missed them previously) it was the larger amounts of £84 and £82 that got my attention. There are only 5 or 6 places that I do online shopping and I shall have to make sure that all my details are secure that is a given, but how do I do that? Close the accounts? Never buy online ever again. There are things like booking holidays, room bookings etc. How do people get around that?
  • pearl123
    pearl123 Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Have you looked at your emails and junk emails to see if they confirmed the purchase. The CAB might be able to tell you how you can use the law to return the items. A bit like the uk's distance selling rules.
  • Loobyloo1us
    PPI Party Pooper
    Have you looked at your emails and junk emails to see if they confirmed the purchase. The CAB might be able to tell you how you can use the law to return the items. A bit like the uk's distance selling rules.

Hi, yes I've checked everywhere as I fully expected there to be a confirmation of order email or something, but no nothing at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure